A few questions about pregabalin for anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone.. a few questions about pregabalin if you don’t mind answering..

For anxiety.. what do you take alongside pregablin, any other anti anxiety medication or medication for depression?

How long did it take for the drug to improve your anxiety? What dose are you on?

How long after taking a tablet do you feel affects of that one tablet?

Did you have any side effects within the first few days? If so what?

Thank you 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I took pregabalin for my anxiety. 50mg twice a day was the most I took. I had no side effects at all introducing it. After about 10 days my anxiety and GAD that I've had for 30 years improved by 90%....unfortunately after 2 days it came back, then I had the incredibly hard job of trying and get off of this awful drug.

I took pregabalin for only a few weeks and it took me about 4 months to come off of them, the withdrawal for me was the worse than any other medication I've taken, it created more anxiety for me that I'm still trying to recover from now.

I had high hopes for this drug, no more drugs for me...I'm sticking to my red wine!

• Posted

I have replied to your other post EJ and hope it is helpful to you. Please post again if you have more questions and I will be happy to try to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.