A few things that have helped me....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a few things that have helped me lately. I can't say that I'm fully in remission but I haven't had any flare ups lately when I usually get at least one a week on my butt cheeks. 

I started adding about half a teaspoon of tumeric and zinc powder to my morning smoothie - I believe this is the main reason I have stopped getting so many flare ups. 

I also stopped eating gluten and yeast about 8 months ago but would slip up here and there. When I did slip up and eat gluten or yeast I would get a flare up. So I stopped completely and this has really helped! I don't usually consume dairy but do have some cheese here and there. 

I also use a mixture of tea tree oil and jojoba oil on any active boils which calms them down within a day. Don't be afraid of the jojoba oil as it is a silky oily substance! 

I have a lot of scars on my butt cheeks from old boils - I recently went to a cosmetic nurse/skin care clinic and we tried a Dermapen treatment on the scars. I have only had one treatment and already they are fading. The nurse says it will probably take around 3-6 treatments to fully fade the scars.

All this said I am really hopeful! I hope some of these suggestions can help you too since doctors and dermatologists don't know much at all!

Good luck to everyone! Lets stick together smile

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Very inspirational Amy will definitely try some out!! Keep it up!
  • Posted

Interesting, I know the cheap over the counter zinc pills worked wonders for me, I'll try the zinc powder too. Thanks.

• Posted

i would like to add something as well ,

i have had underarms boils and lymphnodes since 2 years ,

i have started swimming breast stokes , 1 hour , 3 to 4 times a week ,

now is it swimming or the clorine water i dont know , every thing has vanished completly normal , no boils or lymphnodes all gone ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.