A-FIB

Posted , 2 users are following.

New here. Good to meet you all.

I've read all your posts with interest, with a view to sharing info. I would add to a current post, but they are all of interest so I thought it best to start this one.

diagnosed in February 21 with Afib and given the following meds. Doctor suspects I've been Afb a lot longer.

;-Lixiana - edoxaban

Sandoz - Bisoprolol two tablets 2x2.5mg if i have an episode I can take another one to slow my heart rate

perindopril tert - butylamine. blood pressure meds

Doing fine on the above. very rarely have an episode and when I do, my prefered go to is always ginger. either crystalized,( I know, Cavities!) or fresh, sliced and heated , softened till chewy, with local honey. (re.antihystamines)

I've researched living with afib and made the decision to learn to live with it, instead of accepting treatment and 8 months down the line i'm relatively happy.

The Bisoprolol issue is of particular interest. Im due a meds refill this week, and it has changed recently, to the one im on now. Is that why im feeling better.? I'll have a word with the pharmacist.

A gluten free diet comes through loud and clear in this forum. I can see a link personally.

vagal afib is something I hadnt heard of. I look forward to finding out more

My biggest issue is, that when my brain is trying it's best to deal with the sudden onslaught of an afib episode, it can't seem to handle a normal conversation. Memory loss and anxiety kick in and I have to excuse myself. How do you handle that?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm interested in why you would choose not to have your AF resolved but prefer to remain on medication.

I had a Cardioversion in 2018 which fixed my AF for 2 years then I was back in for an Ablation in July this year. Each time the improvement I felt following the procedure was significant, particularly the first time. I had been unable to exercise properly for a year and was out running two days after being zapped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.