A Fib and root canals?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I have had four A Fib episodes that seem to be linked with root canals or tooth abscesses . This past episode the most frightening and I was kept in Emerg all day unable to lower heart rate. Two days prior I had two root canals pulled and four shots with epinephrine for freezing.

Last summer a sudden tooth access in very hot weather was followed two weeks later with episode lasting two or three days. The other two were winter tooth abscesses followed by antibiotics, root canal or extraction and A Fib.

Also my Mc Burney point seems tender often. This is an indicators of appendix inflammation.

Teeth are connected to organs through meridians; top jaw Large Intestine Channel and bottom , the Stomach channel in

Traditional Chinese Medicine.

I am trying to figure how how this may all hang together... Thoughts most welcome!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My episodes seem to be related either to stress or shortly before a holiday having a few drinks.
  • Posted

What abx were you given? I was put into afib from Cipro.
    • Posted

Yes that was the one . However my AFib began several days into the course if not near the end , if I recall rightly.

I am feeling so out of balance!

What about Candida as a result of antibiotics playing at part in AFib?

Also according to my Naturopath, my hormones are all flatlined basically.When did your Cipro trigger you? Immediately or gradually?

Thanks for your input.

• Posted

One week after taking one pill the last time I took it. The time before I just had a fast heartbeat that subsided after a few hours . I had a reaction when on the drip in hospital after 48 hours. They stopped it but I then had another bout of tachycardia 4 days later. This whole class of fluoroqzinolone abx can have delayed reactions. Look up fluoroquinolone toxicity. There is a thread on this site about it. If you look online you will find lots of people who have had similar experiences. In the patient info the FDA puts out heart rhythm irregularities are listed as a possible adverse reaction
  • Posted

I needed a re-treatment on a root canal and just had a gut feeling extraction would be better. In the xray they noticed it was black which is a sign of infection. Just to mention my heart rate has been in the 100's. I asked my dentist which said they always try to save tooth and referred me to an endodontist. I had no pain in the tooth and its because it was a root canaled tooth already. I had other issues however inflammation in my ribs, leg was bothering me, and rapid heart beat with palpitations. The endodontist started the procedure, but stopped 30 minutes into it and said the tooth was cracked. My intuition was right. I was monitoring my heart rate on my Fitbit which would fluctuate from 40 to 130, very worrisome. I think the lowest it went was to 35. The next day my dentist extracted the tooth and again my heart rate was everywhere. I ended up in the emergency room three days after the extraction because of my heart rate. I'm getting better and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts to help me out. It's been a rough couple of months. Thanks for your time to vent.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.