A Fib dormant after several active years

Posted , 8 users are following.

****I had a heart attack in 2010 at the age of 60. I experienced regular episodes (episodes varied from a few hours to 12 hours) of Afib after the heart attack and have been on Metoprolol tartrate, artovastatin, lisinopril and aspirin since then. I resisted the cardiologists suggestion of a blood thinner. My last afib episode was about 18 months ago. I check my pulse 2-3 times daily. Has anyone with a similar medical condition had documented afib disappear like this and if so for how long.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had my first AF episode 13 years ago. I woke up with it. I went to hospital and after blood was taken out of my arm and it stopped. 6 years ago I woke up with it again, the doctor gave me one tablet of bisprolol and it went within the hour. I again woke with it last March and presumed it would revert back to a normal rhythm but bisoprolol did not work and neither did anything else so its cardioversion next week which I am dreading.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.