A fib every time around 5pm

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have paroxsymal afib.  I have had it since May of this year and have had about 5 episodes in which 4 of them have corrected themselves in about 3 hrs. To 45 minutes.  I am taking Coreg which is not helping.  My blood pressure is around  140/77 or so with help from the Coreg.  I was on Atenolol before the Coreg, which helped more, but I was loosing hair.  I seem to be getting more afib on the Coreg.  And why my afib always comes on around 5pm...does anyone have a clue?   Be well...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have a pattern of when I get my AF but mine tends to be in the middle of the night  -1am or 5am is the favourite.     My other bizarre time is after a medical procedure or scan or similar and then I go to eat and bingo  - off it goes. 

Just because of a different pattern I have picked up in myself over the last couple of days ...I had a procedure on Wednesday and since them I have found that I am ready to take my evening dose of tablets a couple of hours early around 5 instead of 7 so I wonder if the dose you are on is so finely tuned your body is ready for the next dose?   Just an idea.  Would definately go back to consultant and mention more AF on  Coreg.   No experience of it myself.    

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. I was fine before I started the blood pressure med. Could just be coincidence I guess. Since I have PAF I think I will just take Aldactone and the statin and see how it goes. Can't see my cardio until Dec. 30th. Stay well.

• Posted

I normally take it at 9 am, so you do have a good idea there. I could take it at 9pm instead.
  • Posted

Firstly I didn't have Afib until I started taking BP meds.

I found that the timing of my Afib episodes was linked to the time a took my BP med ( Ramipril then Candesartan). I took them in the morning and found that an episode would start within 2/3 hours. I moved my BP meds time forward 6 hours and found again the episodes moved by the same time. I'm now on Bisoprolol which gives me fewer episodes and I've been taking in the morning and when I got an episode it was always around 3am. I've again moved the timing by 6 hours and so far no episodes at all, but my trial is still running.

• Posted

Great deduction. That sounds like something to keep in mind.
    • Posted

BTW, I didn't have Afib until I started bp med either.

• Posted

I also had problems with Bisoporol when I was taking them in the morning until I spoke to the Pharmacist who recommended I take them in the evening about 9pm she said as long as you take them in a 24hr period when is irrelevant since then I have had no problems.

On another note has anyone experienced swollen finger tips and feet with any of their meds, also after growing really quick for a while my finger and toe nails have completely stopped growing haven't had to manicure either for at least 8 weeks, but my fingertips are swollen look a bit like ET.

L.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.