A good several days in a row

Posted , 6 users are following.

A good several days maybe seven or eight and now feeling anxious again.Scary thinking in back of my mind!I guess I am maybe nine weeks on this dose!I actually stopped counting the weeks this last week or so and kept busy!Seems to be circling back again'Not sure what to think as it wasn't like this the first time I went on this med years ago!Its aggravating

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monica

it sounds fairly normal to me to be honest as I went through a lot of that in the first 6 months or so.  Gradually you get longer better times until eventually it's all good again. I'm now a year in and still have the odd fleeting moment but nothing that bothers me!

You will get better, promise! X

• Posted

Thank you Debbie!My teenager was in a car accident last night so that did not help!I had a good several days where I thought okay maybe this is it!Rhen it came back again
  • Posted

Aww anything that shocks you can bring it all back again but it will calm down again. Hope your teenager is ok.

This is the hard part....bear with it as horrid as it is, it will go again.  Those tablets are a life saver but they are hit and miss at the beginning.  Like you, I have had them before with no problems whatsoever.  This time, wow, what a nightmare!!! X

• Posted

Thank you Debbie!I have been back on them since July.I have been on my dose increase for the last nine weeks about!You think it takes longer than that to balance out
    • Posted

Yes my teen has some sore chest muscles fro his seat belt but is thankfully okay!The car he was in looked so bad
  • Posted

Yes definitely more than 9 weeks.  You will end up just getting better and better each day. I honestly thought it would never happen but it does!!!  

Aww bless him, glad he's ok! X

• Posted

Hi Monica. Took me 12 weeks to feel the full benefits but you should start to have more good than bad days soon. It wont stop the anxiety around life events and sounds like you just had a horrible one. Hopefully that will pass and you will feel more normal again. You are not alone. Mark x
    • Posted

Hi Mark!It has been a couple of weeks since I posted that last message and I have had three or so good weeks.I am now since Christmas having some bad days again!I guess I am 12 or 13 weeks into my dose increase and this last few weeks were pretty decent so I thought I was getting there only to have scary worries creep up again and that feeling of fear and not being able to focus 
  • Posted

Hi Monica, I started 13 weeks ago so similar time to you.  I started with anxiety in May and it's just got worse over time.  Ive had a good few weeks then a blip, then good again.  Started feeling anxious, down, racing thoughts etc on Christmas Eve and have been feeling crappy ever since, it feels like when I have a blip it frightens the life out of me because I remember how horrible it feels, it then takes days to stop it dominating my mind.  I don't feel to bad today so I'm hoping I'll have a good few days now.  I love reading everyone's posts in here it keeps me positive that these meds will work it just takes time and patience.  Xx

• Posted

I’m going along at 3 weeks and just a couple at 20 MG’s and it’s difficult staying patient when it seems an even trade-off of good and bad symptoms and the thought that you just added more drugs to your system. I wish I hadn’t started this drug but I’m not going to abruptly pull of off it because who knows what misery that could bring. Once Tuesday morning rolls around I’m going to call someone that can properly evaluate the drugs I’m on and get me on a course that I can be confident that will work.  I must say your correct the time and patience is the toughest part. Right now I feel like I’m just flipping a coin with a 50-50 chance of success.  I’ll take heads and hope for the best..!!
    • Posted

Yes I know what you mean, about 50/50.  I'm just really hoping this works for us. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.