A Letrozole side effect - excessive stomach gas.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking letrozole for a year, following chemo and radio for breast cancer. I suffer from excessive stomach gas. The emissions are so smelly that it is embarassing to go out sometimes. Does anyone else have this? I have been tested for stomach bugs but that is not the cause.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi June, 

It seems my last post was deleted because of an external link which rather annoys me since it was a post to help but, I'll try this again. There's been several reports of people experiencing these same issues as you and if you do an internet search for "letrozole causing gas and bloating" there's a wide array of other people that are experiencing this and seem to have some valuable advice for helping with this. 

Fennel seeds can be very helpful for this. Chewing on a teaspoonful can help.

I do hope you find relief cheesygrin

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the website details as they were to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Sorry for the double postings. I was trying to get information across to you, June, but it's been shown to me that to give details on things, there's a private messaging feature. I'll remember to use this from now on when giving more details. Thank you, Emis Moderator. 
    • Posted

Thank you very much Cheryl for your reply. I am grateful to know that I am not the only one with this problem. I will certainly try all of your suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.