Skip to content
Ad

Breast Cancer and Screening

Also known as Cancer - Breast, Letrozole

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Had three scans on both breasts at my regular screening

I am 56 and had my third regular breast screening mammogram today.  On the previous two occasions I had two scans per breast - on where the breast is squashed from top to bottom and one squashed side to side. ​Today the mammographer did an extra top to bottom one focusing on the nipple area of...

Last reply
  • Support more funding for research of metastatic breast cancer

This month marks the two-year anniversary of my first breast cancer diagnosis and just one year since the cancer spread beyond my breasts and to my bones. With four children — ages 3, 5, 7 and 11 — I can’t begin to describe how it felt to be told that my cancer is incurable. Metastatic breast...

Last reply
  • Fat roll under breast? Is this normal?

It's only like this when I lean back, sitting up straight it's normal.. i'm just really scared of cancer. Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site, see below for...

Posted
  • Five Breast Cancer Myths You Should be Aware Of

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual occasion to increase awareness of the disease. If you perform a quick search on the disease, you will find tremendous information on contributing factors to the risk of breast cancer, including some types of food, drinks, cleaning...

Last reply
  • Very worried

I found a lump in my breast and the doctor sent me to get an ultrasound and I was told the results could be a few days but immediately the next morning they called and said I needed a biopsy I'm really worried now that it's the worst. I'm only 23. Just looking for advice, there's no history...

Last reply
  • Operation

Has my lumpectomy and one node removal on 14th September everything went well no pain at all back to doing everything normal today

Last reply
  • Occasional inversion/dip in areola? Please help??

I've only noticed this change around this month of my cycle, though I've managed to successfully terrify myself thanks to Google... More frequently--multiple times a day at that--either one or both of my areolae seem to 'dip' or pull inward. TMI--but the actual nipple isn't an issue...

Last reply
  • how do you know the change is a lump to concern you?

When finding something not the same as you always have how do you know what your feeling is a lump,or swelling mass? I can feel something odd like a  firm bag of worms , between breat and underarm, with a specific spot furth under my arm thats very sore. Then on my forarm a lump which is long in...

Last reply
  • Could it be cancer?

I have had a slightly deepened open sore on the under part of my left breast for a month. Last 2 weeks used bactroban no change, pain in my chest wall right side into top of breast,top of arm and slightly into my armpit. This morning I noticed another open sore above my right breast. Am awaiting a mammogram...

Last reply
  • symptons questions

I was told I have breast cancer probably calcification. It's been two years w/o any lumps, or other warning signs. Can they have misdiagnosed me? Thx Much good luck to you all.

Posted
  • Zolodex and Arimidex or Exemestane..

I have been trying post breast cancer medicines. Tomoxafin was awful so I waited to Zolodex and Arimidex. For two weeks I was fine and then completely stressed and down for the last two weeks. I tried it for 2-3 months. I switched to Zolodex and Exemestane this month and the exact same thing had happened....

Last reply
  • Woke up with rash on left breast, going to schedule appt tomorrow

I slept without a bra and shirt on last night and i have a size double d bra. I woke up with a rash on my left breast on the side. I googled rash on left breast and breast cancer came up so im going to make an appt tomorrow. I am a hypochondriac so my anxiety is getring the best of me. I have been crying...

Last reply
  • I like Arimidex

Sorry other users have had problems but I'd like to reassure people thinking about taking anastrozole. I'm 52, CA right breast diagnosed April 2007, WLE and axillary clearance, TAC chemo, 30 doses radio and straight on to anastrozole aka arimidex. I went back to the gym after surgery until half...

Last reply
  • Lymph nodes/breast lumps

I am I need of some advice. Been suffering bad low back pain for a few months. This week my boyfriend found a lump on my neck near my clavical it's around 1.5 cm and rubbery. Upon inspection my lymph nodes under my jaw are swollen and there is another lump on the other side. This has prompted me...

Last reply
  • Need biopsy and scared to death! please need advice

My name is Jennifer, I am 50 year old wife and mother going through Perimenopause.  Ten years ago I had my first mammogram which revealed a suspicious mass in my right breast.  I actually had two, one they could aspirate and one was solid, had biopsy and came back benign now have a marker on...

Last reply
  • Cysts or Cancer?

I had a sudden shooting pain in my right breast and it made me scream out. It only lasted 2 seconds but it happened another 3 times that night. The next day I examined my breast and found a lump, I made an appointment with the doctor who confirmed the lump and found another on the opposite side of the...

Last reply
  • How Can Help Cancer Screening to Every-one

Hi Good Afternoon All.. Today we discuss about, What is use of  Cancer Screening? Many cancer screening tests are in used to find the cancer in an early stage and to lower the chance of dying from the disease. Some Screening tests  have been shown to find cancer early. But, have not been...

Last reply
  • Had something show up on mammogram. Scared

Hello, I am 42 years old and just had my third screening mammogram, first one at this facility since we moved, but I brought my previous films on disks. I don't regular do self exams because I have fibrocystic breast disease and I always find something that scares me. Here are the findings: No...

Last reply
  • Suspicious Lump & Waiting

I am new here and going crazy in my mind waiting for a diagnositc mammogram and an ultrasound on April 4th. Almost a month ago I was leaning back in a chair and went to scratch my breast where I felt an itch only to feel a lump. A very hard, non-movable lump about the size of a marble. I went to my general...

Posted
  • Breast cancer?

Hello guys, Im going to be 19 this year. About 2 months ago I noticed that my breast size increased out of nowhere and they were hurting for so much for so so long!! I only take vitamin D and the pill, but that doesn't seem like it could be the case. And now, about two weeks ago I notcied this...

Last reply
  • breast pain and burning

hi hope u all fine. i am experiencing pain in my left breast from month and half but it is commimg and going.i been to my gp four time they examine me but they hadn't found any thing.i am unsure about my breast coz i never self examine it before my pain, i also feeling my hurting breast is bit larger...

Last reply
  • Pain in Right Armpit

So I'll start by saying I'm 29 and have horrible anxiety. A little under two years ago I was convinced I was dying of of colon cancer during a stressful year of my life when my IBS kicked up. I got over that, but for the last week I've been terrified of breast cancer. I've had a sore...

Last reply
  • Why have I been referred

Hi everyone Long story so here it goes. I found out last November that I was pregnant. In Dec/Jan I noticed what looked like a spot at the bottom of my left breast which I didn't think anything of at the time. Unfortunately I miscarried in Feb and had a D&C - this was 5 weeks ago. Earlier...

Last reply
  • HER2 TEST ( Breast Cancer)

Hi, I am new to this site. I have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been told it is Triple Negative. I was given this diagnosis after a biopsy which only took 4 days for results. I have since been told that the HER2 test takes 2 weeks to come back. My question is how could I be given...

Posted
  • 2 cm nodule in right breast with edge

My doctor found a 2cm nodule in my breast. She said it has an edge. She is sending me to get an ultrasound. Should I be concerned that the mammogram was skipped and I'm going straight to an ultrasound or is this a normal order of things? My family does have a history of breast cancer but does not...

Last reply
  • Breast cancer need some help

I would just like to know does all cemo treatment make you loss your hair.my darther as just been told she as breast cancer and will need hop and cem she is only 38.

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.