Posted , 5 users are following.
So, i was wondering what some peoples opinions may be on the following situation...
My mum is 38 , had a full Hysterectomy just over a year and half ago, with this comes increased risk of menopause and breast cancer.
The situation itself:
- my mum discovered a lump in her left breast october last year, at this time it was the size of a pea
- she then thought nothing of it left it, a couple of months later one day she experienced agonising pain in that breast. It shortly went and she thought nothing of it again
- then she realised just a week ago that the lump was still present, but it had grown in size to the size of small gobstopper
- the day after the discovery her nipple started secreting this greenish/clear substance, which she finally decided a doctors appointment was useful to book
- the appointment went ahead she had swollen lymph nodes and they prescribed antibiotics to see if the nipple secretion would stop, also swabbed and sent of a sample for testing.
- were at the point now where we have to wait for the scan and results but things arent looking good.
- 3 days of antibiotics and nipple shows no sign of stopping in secretion.
I suppose the worry comes from the fact she has:
a lump (that has grown)
leaking stuff from the nipple
redness around the breast with the lump
important to note she has no menstral cycle since her Hysterectomy as all that was removed. since that she has had no hormone injections either. Also she had a adrenal tumour already (benign) , uncle has prostate cancer and her nanna died from breast cancer after it spread to other vital organs.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THIS CAN BE! need hope that it could be something else!
she is a mother of 4 (21, 19, 11, 6)
thank you for taking time the read any opinions and suggestions is appreciated xxx
0 likes, 6 replies