Opinion - Cancer or Fibroadenoma? Pics of ultrasound

Posted , 7 users are following.

history of fibroadenomas but new ultrasound picked up irregular lesion that doc is getting me to do biopsy. Any thoughts? imageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Jess,

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I know it can be very scary. The fear of the unknown is the worst of it.

Usually, a clinician would like more information regarding your history; age, GYN History, # Pregnancies, Your Your; Age when you had first child, Breast feeding; Family History of Breast and Ovarian Cancer;

the mass, ie size, mobile vs immobile, hard vs soft, skin changes, nipple inversion, increased vascularity over one breast. Any palpable lymph nodes?

You absolutely need a breast biopsy. What did the mammogram show? What did the physician say?

I am a Nurse Practitioner and have perfomed countless breast evaluations/exams.

I also had breast cancer, caught early, excellent prognosis.

Please let me know the answers to the questions.

Best Wishes.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Dear Jess,

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I know it can be very scary. The fear of the unknown is the worst of it.

Usually, a clinician would like more information regarding your history; age, GYN History, # Pregnancies, Your Your; Age when you had first child, Breast feeding; Family History of Breast and Ovarian Cancer;

the mass, ie size, mobile vs immobile, hard vs soft, skin changes, nipple inversion, increased vascularity over one breast. Any palpable lymph nodes?

You absolutely need a breast biopsy. What did the mammogram show? What did the physician say?

I am a Nurse Practitioner and have perfomed countless breast evaluations/exams.

I also had breast cancer, caught early, excellent prognosis.

Please let me know the answers to the questions.

Best Wishes.

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi Juliana - thank you for responding. I am in my mid-late twenties, no children, no history of breast cancer or ovarian but grandma and great grandma had cancer of another sought.

Mass is not mobile but none of my past fibroadenomas have ever been moveable. 7 years ago they reported increased vascularity but not this time round. Lymph nodes are fine. Too young to do a mammogram.

The only other symptom I've had is extremely painful breasts for 3-4 months straight but I think this must be because of hormonal reasons.

My past fibroadenomas have never looked like this one - they were oval and smooth in shape hence why I thought I'd gather some feedback from people who have tested.

Not scared, just curious as I have to wait 2 weeks for biopsy and results.

Great to hear you've had a good prognosis! Can only imagine what you were going through when first diagnosed.

• Posted

I think its torn muscle tissue on the inside and it will heal over time.

• Posted

Hi Jess!

I know this is almost 2 years old, but I was wondering if you have any update on what the diagnosis of your mass ended up being. I just had a mammogram & ultrasound and it looked pretty similar to your image and I've been a nervous wreck about getting it biopsied. Any info you have would be so appreciated, and I hope everything ended up okay!

Jess

• Posted

Hi...I just had an ultrasound..and they want a biopsy.

Did they tell your wife they wanted a biopsy?

If they let her go without telling her that was going to be the next step.

Maybe she was too nervous to hear them say come back in 6 months?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.