Advice needed is this an infection, nothing or something sinister

Posted , 4 users are following.

imagehi, any advice is welcome. since last December I've noticed this red mark under my skin on my breast and it seems to be getting bigger. breast are always in pain and nipples are itchy. nipples are not inverted. I saw a nurse practitioner about it approx 5 months ago and she said its skin irritation but its never gone and I feel daft going back to gp if its nothing. thank you in advance

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

why has no one replied to give me advice

• Posted

If it doesnt affect you much, that is a really good sign its nothing really bad.

• Edited

Hi KC. How are you doing? Did you ever go back and find out what it was? I have a very similar thing on both breasts. Has been getting progressively worse/more noticeable over the last couple of years. Mine looks much worse after a shower. Completely goes away overnight/while I'm lying down in bed, but then comes on rapidly again as soon as I get up. It's barely noticeable while I'm wearing a sports bra, but gets really bad or if I go braless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.