Mammogram Recall

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I have been in this forum many times before due to menopause symptoms

I am here today because I had my yearly mammogram and I got called back

I am 58, go to my regular checkups and mammograms

I do have dense breasts which makes it a bit tougher to see

The nurse did call me with the results of the first mammo.

I didn't fully understand what she meant, but they need to check an area on each breast further

I do not think they saw anything specific, but it looked different from my last years test

I personally do not feel anything (i know that doesnt mean much)

Needless to say I am a wreckI am very worried

Any comments or help would be aprreciated

Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am hoping someone would respond to this posting

i now have my report , here it what it said

Breast Composition: The breasts are heterogeneously dense, which may obscure small masses.

Right breast: CC view, medial, posterior depth, indeterminate asymmetry. Typically benign calcifications are noted. No suspicious grouping of microcalcifications identified. Recommend diagnostic right breast mammogram with spot compression CC view and additional views if indicated. Consider targeted right breast ultrasound.

Left breast: CC view, lateral, middle depth, indeterminate asymmetry. Typically benign calcifications are noted. No suspicious grouping of microcalcifications identified. Recommend diagnostic left breast mammogram with spot compression CC view and additional views if indicated. Consider targeted left breast ultrasound.

No lymphadenopathy.

IMPRESSION:

Bilateral indeterminate asymmetries

ASSESSMENT: BI-RADS Category 0: Incomplete. Need additional imaging evaluation.

FOLLOW-UP: Additional imaging.

My doctor did not think this was a bad report they just need more info

• Posted

Hi,

I wondered if you got the results of furthur testing?

I hope everything turned out ok.

• Posted

I did go for the ultrasound and additional mammogram

Found cysts that they believe are benign.

I have to go back in 6 months for recheck (that is already coming up now)

Sorry I havent been on to respond.

• Posted

Good news that the cysts are likly benign.

My daughter has the same deal and has to go back in 6 months for recheck. They keep tabs on it every so many months and told her it's called watchful waiting. She does the same with ovarian cysts.

Well you said the 6 months is upon you lol so good luck with your recheck.

• Posted

That is so good....I was in the same spot as you are but they want to biopsy mine...so I am here reading and DID notice there isn't much activity on these posts....I felt your frustration....because I am looking for replies....and hardly any posts have them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.