A list of strange symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, about 2years ago I started getting a numbness on my left side shortly followed by losing the sigh in my left eye for approval 2weeks. Slowly over the next month my sight returned to approx 95%. The GP though MS so sent me to see a neurologist. The neurologist discharged me back to GP with no explanation so that was that.

Now 2 weeks ago my numbness has increased hugely I have once again lost the sight in my left eye (just starting to slowly improve) and now some othe weird symptoms however I have no idea if they are related. Here goes loss of sight in left eye

Left ear pain

Numbness and tingling on whole left side

Urine Incontinuance

Constipation

Severe tummy pain

Lower back pain which hurts to breath

Any ideas anyone? I hope I can go to the GP with some ideas?

Thank you all

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i would do two things.

1  have the pressure in your eyes measured at eye hospital.

2  have MRI

Good luck

• Posted

I would suggest getting a 2nd opinion from a new GP and/or a new neurologist.  Did you get a MRI?
  • Posted

Hello,

Just read your posting.

When worried with frightening problems our body takes over and we go into panic state. re Tummy pain, low back pain etc.

This is called a panic attack.

Loosing your site is not to be taken lightly.

I am no medic but I do agree you need to see a better GP.

If your are London based go to A and E of a good eye hospital.

Moorfields or the Western Eye hospital have an A and E.

If you have already done this then I would ask your doctor to be referred to a doctor for second opinion. Ideally a neurosurgeon for opinion.

Best of luck,

Sandra

• Posted

Hi all,

Thank you for all you replies. I have seen another GP and am being sent for urgent referral so hope I will have answers very soon. When I do I will update here to help any others looking!

• Posted

Hi all

A quick update I have had an MRI and been told that I have moderate changes on my brain and asked to come back to an appointment in the next week or so to discuss the details.

They wouldn't give me any idea as to what it could be so any ideas welcome. Do changes mean something sinister?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.