A little advice that worked for me.. Avoid tap water!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I wrote here about 4 weeks ago, I was so fed up following my colitis diagnosis in July. I had been prescribed proctitis suppositories, 1 per day, with a diagnosis of moderate to severe proctitis.

I was getting worse. Up 9 times a night with unbearable stomach cramps. Once, I was up 16 times in 2 hours. Losing a lot of blood too. It was a really difficult time.

I read on another online site, that it might be a good idea to avoid tap water when suffering with these symptoms. So that's what I did.

4 weeks later I am verging on completely normal, using the toilet once a day and feeling so much better. I have also replaced brown bread with white.

I know people say that colitis isn't dietary related, but when suffering really badly I guess anything is worth a try!

Bottled water has worked wonders for me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I read something like this and someone suggesting drinking volvic and my stomach cramps have eased off since drinking mineral water, my consultant has put me on months worth of steroids and new suppositories buy everything has def calmed down, so glad I joined this group c
  • Posted

Evan better try Volcanic water was so much better then stopped using it. Am now having flare been put on steriods 30mg descending weekly and azathiodine 150mg only been four days have read that azathiodine can take upto three months to have any effect!
  • Posted

Hi does this mean using mineral water for tea also or do you think boiling tap water is ok?
    • Posted

Have found boiled water for drinks ok, but as we in hard water area I filter our water anyway just in filter jug £8 from Tesco first also can tell if anyone fills the kettle from the tap as the tea and coffee taste awful and end up throwing it away and starting again
  • Posted

I have a water brita filter jug can I use that if I start running out of volcic mineral water is it same concept ? I've def noticed a difference in my skin and cramps so not gonna stop drinking it any time soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.