A little concerned

Posted , 4 users are following.

My last flare up hasn't really recovered the way it normally would. My left arm , leg and side of face are intermittently going numb with sharp pins and needles. Vision is not good, more blurred than usual. My balance is off and I am nervous walking especially up and down steps. The spinal pain has eased, just bouts. I got an MRI of thorasic and it says wear and tear degenerative bone and discs, going to discuss it with doctor tomorrow. The MRI was to see if there were any legions on spine. It seems not. I have been with the same doctor for almost twenty years and have had CFS for ten years. I'm planning on changing to a new doctor who seems to have a better take on what's going on. She has sent for a kit from Germany to test for Lyme's. If it's Lyme's it has went untreated. I'm so fed up. At least the fatigue has eased it went on for around three weeks, still there but milder. I'm conscerned I may have just had a mini stroke because the numbness is ongoing. My cholesterol is 7.2 I know this is one big long moan but I'm just at the end of my tether. I can't work at present and I love my job.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

During my last flare, I also had pins and needles, burning, and numbness. I was told these symptoms were due to nerve issues, which can sometimes be part of ME/CFS. So I think that the chance you had a mini-stroke are minimal (though of course I'm no doctor), and it's more likely that your flare caused these symptoms. Of course, I suppose if you have spine issues/back problems, that could also cause some of your symptoms. This illness is the pits, that's for sure.

• Posted

Hi Jackie, Janet

Got my MRI results, it shows stenosis of cervical spine, with a protruding disc, however the doctor won't rule out MS, but it's not looking like stroke material and I'm v happy about that. 😊Small mercies. Off to see a neurologist next.

• Posted

That is good news. It didn't sound like a stroke. But you know for sure now. My friend has some spinal stenosis but at the bottom end of her spine. And some nerve damage. All due to sarcoidosis .

Have you had a brain MRI yet to rule out MS ? X

• Posted

I tend to agree with Jackie Julia. Your ongoing symptoms are more likely to be due to your flare up. But again I am not a Dr . I have pins and needs and numbness most of the time . infact the other morning I woke up and my right arm and hand were numb. I couldn't feel my hand at all . like you I thought I had a stoke . ! The feeling gradually returned. I think it was due to nerve pressure. I have cervical spondylosis . I have to sleep semi propped up facing forwards due to previous frozen shoulder. I tend to slip down during sleep which wakes me up. And that morning I could feel some pressure top of my back. And I think that was the problem. I have nerve pain in my hips and down legs too. Which causes pins and needles and numbness in my legs and feet.

Sorry my waffle there was to get round to saying , maybe your pins and needles etc is due to nerve pressure from your degenerative discs. I hope you can get some answers and relief soon.

And I don't blame you for changing doctors. Fresh eyes might just be what you need. Take care x

• Posted

Hank you Janet, Jackie,

Fear can sometimes get the better. Yes I have had on going pins and needles and numbness, but it was different this time in that it has gone on for so long. 3 weeks going into a month. I am afraid when I walk as I keep thinking I am going to fall over. My husband says he notices one side of the face has changed a little. I think we are both a little freaked out with this flare up. I'm on the aspirin, and cutting out toxins, fats . (Except for Xmas) . My new doc has sent off for Lyme's kit so I'll let you know ! Thanks , it has really helped having some virtual ears. It is an isolating illness. X

• Posted

Hi Janet, think you were right I have been diagnosed with stenosis of cervical spine and protruding disc which is probably responsible for the balance issues and pins and needles.

• Posted

Never a problem Julia. It is a pleasure to try to help. Indeed fear can really put the and into overdrive. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.