A little confused

Posted , 6 users are following.

when I was told I had very very mild Bronchiectasis the doctor told me I should not feel nothing , but all I keep getting is pain in my lung area , I'm just baffled 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Go onto You Tube and you can look at several videos about Bronchiectasis...it taught me a lot...it is something that you just have to deal with on a daily basis....I have good and not so good days..I have to Nebulize everyday to break up the mucus..helps me a lot...The worst part is the wheezing at night....good luck...This site has a lot of good info to help you through it....
  • Posted

You may have mucous accumulated in that spot of the long.  I have a mild case  also and the only reason I was diagnosed was because of chest pain. I started taking mucinex and drinking more fluids in order to get it out.  It took me 1-2 months to get back to what was more normal for me, but once I had been clearing my lungs for 4-6 weeks, the chest pain disappeared.  For me, I think having chest pain, shortness of breath or a tight feeling in the chest, is an indication that I have mucous that needs to be cleared.

I go to water aerobics at least 2 times a week and after class it's easy to clear a lot of the gunk out of my chest!

• Posted

I have great luck getting rid of mucus with a 3% saline solution in my nebulizer.  I also take 600 mg of n-acytlcysteine three times a day.  These pills can be purchased online if not available locally.  Docs tend to discount the effects of mild bronchiectasis.  Just because it is only in a small area of the lung does not mean it will not cause problems.  My mild case has been life changing for me.  Being incapacitated for two or three weeks every four to six weeks is not mild.  It started out mild and has got progressively worse.  Finding a treatment that will reduce mucus accumulation is essential for staying well.  
  • Posted

Hi jayne, what does the doctor mean you should feel nothing
    • Posted

Well when they found it on my lungs it was very very mild I don't have a cough and I haven't had any infections I do actually get a pain across my back .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.