Skip to content
Ad

Bronchiectasis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Fatigue related to Bronchiectasis

Hello All, I may have asked this before but.... I have had B for years and been through varying phases with it. Currently no infection for 3 months..a miracle. In the last 4/5 years of the condition I have experienced varying degrees of fatigue when infections take hold. The episodes go from debilitating...

Last reply
  • postural drainage positions for bronchiectasis 70+ male

I am a 70+yr old man of generally good health who now needs to carry out some chest exercises using postural drainage positions to clear phlegm as a result of bronchiectasis. What if any home made aids can any one recommend to put me easily in the correct position (very polite version!!!) bottom above...

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis - the good and the bad

I had never heard of bronchiectasis until I was diagnosed as having the disease in both lungs at the ripe old age of 51. The consultant was very good and explained what the disease was and then dropped the bombshell that there was no cure! However he went on to say that it was treatable and I have been...

Last reply
  • Stem Cell Treatment

Hi! Looking for any info regarding the stem cell treatment for lungs. It is very pricey but well worth any price if it works! Thank you for any input. I have asthma, BX and pseudamonas

Last reply
  • bronchiectasis/pseudomonas

I am here to find patients like me with Bronchiectasis and the complication of chronic Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. I am intersted in knowing what kind of treatments they use to stay healthy. I have had theP.A. for seven years but do not have Cystic Fibrosis.

Last reply
  • New here, nervous about bronchial biopsy

Hi I am Jennifer and live near Seattle, WA USA. Weather here is much like South of England where I lived for many years when I was young.  I had my second CT of chest since DX of Bronchiectasis in January when I was very sick. Dr. now wants me to have a lung biopsy to see what we are dealing with....

Last reply
  • Difficulty breathing in high humidity

Diagnosed 3 years ago due to breathing difficulties walking, stairs, etc.  Living without any meds, but shortness of breath continues and find I have most problems in warm, humid weather.  Keep house cold all year with fan going in bedroom all night, circulating air seems to help.  Has...

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis

I have Bronchiectasis and i am only 20 i cant except that i have it and i have to leave my job beacuse of it i just need someone to talk to who has the same problem as i have cos i dont know anyone who has Bronchiectasis Thank you Jen x

Last reply
  • Chest & back pain ! Is it due to Bronchiectasis ?

Hi everyone,  I was diagnosed with Bronchiectasis in both lungs in February 2015, cause is unknown at the moment but was sent for a CT scan after coughing up blood for 5 days over the new year.  My query is does anyone else suffer with chest & back pain on a daily basis & a burning...

Last reply
  • Fatigue ..

I don't know anyone else with our disease but is it normal to feel ok and then bam!! U feel like u hit a brick wall of fatigue and u have to close your eyes even if it's a 10 min nap.. ?

Last reply
  • Brinchiectasis and air travel

Hello all. I have a question in regards to air travel for people with bronchiestasis. Does anyone have breathing difficulties when flying? I don't know if it will be harder to breath when in an airplane. Also are rescue inhalers allowed on planes?

Last reply
  • Getting into panic mode

Any suggestions please. Had bx all my life. No nasty bugs yet. No iv's yet. Traditionally have been treated with Amoxycillin 3g sachets, Co amoxyclav 500mg, Cipro (only twice) and now Doxycillin 100mg. Stopped Cipro for non serious bugs but apart from that these other antibiotics have stopped working...

Last reply
  • Curious to see...

When and what happened when you were diagnosed? How did you feel about it? For me I was 23 years old, I had been in the hospital for over a week each time for the fourth time in a year.. The doctors couldn't figure out why I would be ok then in a matter of 2 days my oxygen would drop to 81 and...

Last reply
  • Samples

I saw a GP in my practice recently whom I have not seen before. As I felt I might have an infection and explained why I asked if I could submit a sample. He pointed out that one had been submitted a month ago and was clear. The inference was it was too soon to send in another. After a cursory examination...

Last reply
  • Sick of my lungs ..😞

I live in Canada and I'm now over 40 .. I'm finding my lungs the worst they have ever been .. feeling frustrated with all the rain we have had I think that's why ??

Last reply
  • no symptoms

I had a CT scan the other day for GI problems but I've just been casually told I have a problem with my lungs and it's bronchiectasis. I have no symptoms at all. I would consider my lung function to be very good for my age (71). Is it possible to have bronchiectasis with no symptoms?

Last reply
  • Walking does wonders and Prednisone is so harmful.

Hello Friends,  it's been a while.   I just want to share something that I wish I had known back in 2014/15.   I wish that I could time-travel back and REFUSE to take the PREDNISONE.   It has ruined my skin.  It makes your skin so thin that anything can injure you and it...

Last reply
  • azithromycin side effects

I've been prescribed azithromycin 3 times a week for bronchx... and am about to begin taking them.                                                          ...

Last reply
  • Advice re antibiotics

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone can answer these questions. My GP prescribed Cipro as my "home reserve" antibiotic. However to day I visited my Respiratory Consultant (nurse.... but very knowledgeable) and she advised against using this antibiotic in this way. She said that it is the...

Last reply
  • Has anyone heard from MaryAnn?

Has anyone heard from MaryAnn?  Her forum name is: MaryAnn (with 4 numbers after, but I don't remember what they were). We have had several private discussions going on until the middle of April. Plus she has also posted comments on other discussions prior to the middle of April.  I have...

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis

I have had bronchiectasis for 40 yrs but now I am losing my voice it is getting much softer does anyone else have this problems and is there a way to deal with this  

Last reply
  • tony 15641

Hi im wondering if anyone else takes carbosteine to help sputum thinner to bring up ive been on these 6 a day sonce feb but my sputum still thick cud use it as super glue does anyone else get chest pain mine is there all the time really geting me down would like to know who else suffers like me

Last reply
  • Pseudomonas???

Hi, I have bronchiectasis and I cultured pseudomonas. I have since been told it's now colonised and will probs never go away. My question is tho, would it be bad for me to date someone else with bronchiectasis? I don't want to pass any bugs or infections on.

Last reply
  • Coughing so much

Hello, I was diannosed 11 yrs ago.  Been on Turbuhaler ever since.  I rarley cough up anything.  Just a wee bit if all it.   But over the past few years my coughing has increased.  Cough all day long !. wake myself up at night coughing.   I pop daytime cold medication everyday...

Last reply
  • tony 15641

Hi all as anyone ad trouble with there GP i went last week due to coughin horible sputum up said i need to send sample up in 2 weeks i know myself wen it gets bad im wondering if anyone as claimed owt for this dieseas does anyone know if it can turn into copd

Last reply
  • tony 15641

Hi all ive ad 4 lots difrent antibotics since march went to doctors cause coughin horible sputum up said got to send sample of in 2 weeks i know myself wen im starting with infection does anyone else ave these problems with GP i know got other health problems sick of people saying ive lost weight this...

Last reply
  • Finally found somewhere to talk!

Hey folks, After coughing for over 10yrs I was finally, 2yrs ago, diagnosed with Bronchiectasis in my right lung right in the middle. I'm also an asthmatic. The phlem I cough up daily can be anywhere from white to dark green also hard sometimes, and lord my spit could hold up wallpaper yuck! They...

Last reply
  • Does Bronchiectasis related to Anxiety / Depression?

Dear all Recently I read a few articles that mentioned some patient with brionchiectasis will develop into depression and anxiety. “In conclusion, patients with non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis are at increased risk for anxiety and depression.  I have a concern for my 10 years old boy who...

Last reply
  • How helpful is Hypotonic Nebuliser treatment?

Hi all. Recently had my first treatment of Hypotonic solution. Didn't like the extreme saltiness in my mouth, but would try and persist with it if it proved helpful. Have been given a Nebuliser on loan for three months but will need to buy my own after that if I wish to continue. I don't mind...

Last reply
  • Psuedomonas Colonization in lungs

I have had asthma all my life, then diagnosed with COPD.  Over the past 5 years I have had a terrible cough.  My Pulmonologist blew it off until 2016 when I was diagnosed with Psuedomonas, but no bronchiectasis. At that time I was put on Tobi in a nebulizer twice a day and Cipro together...

Last reply
  • Hi All about Bronchiectasis

I seem to have developed this after long illness with chest infection, flu, viral bronchitis, then pneumonia, one after the other, originally only had emphysema and recent ct scan showed pleural thickening, first I've hear about that (exposure to asbestos I believe)   I had been given 6 lots...

Last reply
  • tony 15641

Hi all went to doctors yesterday due to still cougin green sputum up bear in mind just finished 7 day course antibotics doxycycline gave me another course of Azithromyvin went to chemist got to order them now got to wait till monday afternoon anyone else same problem.as me

Last reply
  • Phelgm

everyday i cough cream color phelgm.         Doctor think it's allergies.  

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.