Skip to content

Bronchiectasis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Heather1888 1

Psuedomonas Colonization in lungs

I have had asthma all my life, then diagnosed with COPD.  Over the past 5 years I have had a terrible cough.  My Pulmonologist blew it off until 2016 when I was diagnosed with Psuedomonas, but no bronchiectasis. At that time I was put on Tobi in a nebulizer twice a day and Cipro together for one month. ...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

bronchiectasis/pseudomonas

I am here to find patients like me with Bronchiectasis and the complication of chronic Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. I am intersted in knowing what kind of treatments they use to stay healthy. I have had for seven years but do not have Cystic Fibrosis.

153 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Vee2 5

Hi All about Bronchiectasis

I seem to have developed this after long illness with chest infection, flu, viral bronchitis, then pneumonia, one after the other, originally only had emphysema and recent ct scan showed pleural thickening, first I've hear about that (exposure to asbestos I believe)   I had been given 6 lots of

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony 15641 3

tony 15641

Hi all went to doctors yesterday due to still cougin green sputum up bear in mind just finished 7 day course antibotics doxycycline gave me another course of Azithromyvin went to chemist got to order them now got to wait till monday afternoon anyone else same me

•  Papillion 2

Phelgm

everyday i cough cream color phelgm.         Doctor think it's allergies.  

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carol85605 2

Anyone here located in Farnborough hants, Camberley area

Could do with some help/advice.  I have had bronchiectasis for more than 10 years.  I saw Dr Ho at Frimley Park Hospital was given some advice but the follow up discontinued after a few years.  I cannot use inhailers as they make me cough, so have no treatment.  I am fortunately free of infections

• deborah08388 2

bronchiecatasis with psuedomonas

Hi just wandering if anyone out there has applied for the PIP due to having this disease i have just had 6 weeks on oral antibiocs as well as 3 months on a neblisar one and have been on 2 weeks of IV to which the psuedomans still had a heavey growth so had another 2 weeks on another IV antibioc and

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kirst5 2

Lung resection

Hi I just wanted to update and I know it's been a while and will jump on more now I'll be in hospital a while. I'm due to have most of my right lung removed now because of bronchieactisis and also the NTM bacteria I contracted. Has anyone had lung resection or thoracic surgery? Getting a little

5 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • tony 15641 3

Tony 15641

Hi all is anyone else like me ive ad 3 lots of antibotics since feb 10day course moxifloxan 400 mg then 3 day course azithromycin 250mg now 7day course of doxycycline 100mg sent sputum sample results said no bug but still spitting horible stuff up any answers please

11 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony 15641 3

tony 15641

Hi all thanks for ur replies yesterday was wondering if anyone else suffers with not being able to swallow food feels like ur chokeing

• julia91342 2
  • Russell27NOLA 3

Steroid Inhalers

I wondering how steroid inhalers like Folvent work for you people on this site. I'm not sure I notice any difference. Russ

21 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • debra64041 3

How long between antibiotics?

Hello All! I am wondering how long everyone lasts from last antibiotic before needing new one. I have bx, asthma and pseudamonas. I cannot take AZ. I have been using Levoquin but will probably need IV antibiotics before too long. Also, how long of a course of antibiotics does everybody take. Mine

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • DebbieRV 2

Coughing so much

Hello, I was diannosed 11 yrs ago.  Been on Turbuhaler ever since.  I rarley cough up anything.  Just a wee bit if all it.   But over the past few years my coughing has increased.  Cough all day long !. wake myself up at night coughing.   I pop daytime cold medication everyday now.  Seems to help

• tony 15641 3

Tony 15641

Hi all ive sent sputum sample to my Gp still waiting for results is anyone same as me i thought with been on antibotics in past that they wud make sure that i got antibotics asap but i dont think GP care we all know our selfs if we got the horrible bug growing again feeling bit down at moment is

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Coughing up lumps of solid matter

Can anyone put my mind at rest. I'm attending hospital my consultant is testing me for bronchiectasis. I had meningitis in 2005 and pneumonia in 2006. Every month since, (literaly), I have has a chest infection that has had to be treated with antibiotics and I've had tonsilitis. What concerns me

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

I am 70 and was diagnosed with Bronchiectasis 3 months a...

I am 70 and was diagnosed with Bronchiectasis 3 months ago. I had been suffering bouts of ill health for 18 months prior to this diagnosis, i had been given blood teasts, copious breathing tests and was given a 9 month wait for a CT scan. I paid nearly £500 pounds to have a private scan, only to

• 4jean 3

Anyone with bronchiectasis practicing yoga?

I've been a yoga practitioner for many years. The main problem for me is when I lie on my back it can start me off coughing! It's not too bad most of the time but can spoil relaxation for me sometimes. How does anyone else cope?

• deborah08388 2

Asthma.B/X AND PSEUDAMOUS

Hi I am a 48yr old patient with asthma,B/X and pseudamous aeruginosa to which i am at the moment trying to get rid off again i am on strong antibiocs orally for 6 weeks and a anitibioc through a nebliasar which i have been on for 4 weeks i was just wandering if anyone else has this much antibiocs

• alouette 2

A natural recipe that might help lungs

So, I was making a face mask with turmeric with all-natural ingredients and when I licked it a bit, it tasted great. So, I used half of it for my face and the other half I ate. I noticed it made my lungs feel better. Here goes the recipe: 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil 1 teaspoon honey 1/2 teaspoon

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony 15641 3

*2 tony 15641

Hi everyone been to doctors this morn only consultant put me on carbocisteine plus antibotics which are not working im wondering if anyone else falls asleep wen watching tv plus doctors dont really know much about bronchiestis now trying to say my diabetes not helping does anyone else who as got

15 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • robyn76590 2

Tight chest with no sputum expelled

First of all, thanks to all of you who post. You are life savers! I was diagnosed with BX 3 years ago after a 2 year period of no help! My symptoms were very different at first with a lot of sputum but now I have the agony of a tight chest with the inability to expel any sputum. I use 3 percent

• tony 15641 3

2 tony 15641

Hi all forgot to say wen went to doctors monday she asked wen i was due to see my consultant said he may put u on antibotic every day just wondering if anyone as been on them but i thought long term was no gud for u ope someone can answer till go to see consultant thank u

• shirley7000 2

Let's talk sputum

Greetings, I've had BX for three years, colonized with MSSA (staph). My sputum is typically a greyish green. But sometimes I cough up what looks like brownish/dark green "rice". These nuggets have the consistency and shape of rice - can't think of a better way to describe them. Ideally I'd like

23 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony 15641 3

2 tony 15641

Hi all anyone know wat causes bronchiestis i know been telled my lungs are black with sputum but does the lungs ever get clear of this nasty stuff when went to docs yesterday more antibotocs difrent ones dont think anyone knows ow to treat this nasty dieseas does anyone else get down in dumps was

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Frogwartz 3
  • shirley7000 2

Chances of getting pseudomonas?

Greetings, I've had BX since 2014 with MSSA colonized. I'm wondering what the chances are of also catching pseudomonas - Is it inevitable? Does anyone with pseudomonas remember how the caught it? Thanks!!  

22 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Bronchiectasis

I have Bronchiectasis and i am only 20 i cant except that i have it and i have to leave my job beacuse of it i just need someone to talk to who has the same problem as i have cos i dont know anyone who has Bronchiectasis Thank you Jen x

174 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • pam81116 2

Coping with Steroids.

I was wondering if anyone else gets a bad reaction to steroids, and if youv found any way of helping.I just been put on them again, and last night i didnt get to sleep untill 3.30 am , all my nerves are going ,i am tossing and turning constantly, my brain is like vidio recorder , i try to get up

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Jockeys 2

Coughing

I have had bx for a year now.i was at the doctors yesterday after a bout of infections and three lots of antibiotics ,I am coughing all the time at the moment and I have a herna ,he sent me straight up the the hospital and after putting the herna in painful to say the least .I have to have a

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • tony 15641 3

Tony 15641

Hi all ive just ad 10day coures of antibotics there is days wen i start to cough then im sick im wondering if anyone else who as bronchiectasis suffers like me

• alouette 2

Pregnancy with Bronchiectasis and Pseudomonas?

HI everyone, I'm a 30-year-old woman with the above stated condition and I'm still trying to decide whether or not having children is something I should/can do. All my doctors told me I can absolutely go for it, but I have some specific concerns. Does pregnancy actually heal or exhaust you? (Some

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Susanne M UK 5

First physio today.

I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis and the pseudomonas virus in December 2016 and was told I would get a physio appointment to help me learn how to clear my lungs. After waiting 4 months and still no sign of an appointment, I went private and saw an excellent physiotherapist today. She showed

• Frogwartz 3
  • shirley7000 2

Bronchiectasis + hot tub = a recipe for pseudomonas?

Greetings everyone, I am so thankful to have found this site! I've learned so much, I'm forever grateful to you all. I'm new here, so here's a bit of info: *Diagnosed with bronchiectasis with colonized MSSA in 2014. At first, tried multiple antibiotics to clear up MSSA, but it always came back *

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions