Skip to content

Bronchiectasis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Coughing blood

Here I go again.     Went to my doctor yesterday coughing blood for about  10 minutes.    He told me again not to worry it’s your BX.     He sent me another CT scan.      Hard not to worry.    Anyone can help me stay calm and has the same problem...

Last reply
  • when to take antibiotics

I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis by a chance CT scan – I have no symptoms. Apparently I am supposed to take antibiotics as a precaution if I get a cough, to stop infection getting into my lungs. So my question is when do I take them? I have had a cold now for a couple of days plus a mild cough – should...

Last reply
  • Crackly voice

I've was diagnosed with bronchiectasis 2 years ago. I am taking an inhaler called Breo. I cough throughout the day, not too bad, but I have noticed that my voice weakens. Is this normal as it has never happened before?

Last reply
  • Crackly voice

I've was diagnosed with bronchiectasis 2 years ago. I am taking an inhaler called Breo. I cough throughout the day, not too bad, but I have noticed that my voice weakens. Is this normal as it has never happened before?

Last reply
  • Bronchitis taking weeks to clear

Does anyone have any tips re handling bouts of chest infection that take weeks to clear? Generally I can manage my condition, but after a stressful time last year I've had several bouts of bronchitis since Christmas (current one is now 4 weeks old). Repeated antibiotics, plus steriods last week,...

Last reply
  • Coughing after eating or drinking

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum; I joined because my Mom has been diagnosed with bronchiectasis. After 15 years of coughing and mucus congestion she was finally diagnosed. She wanted me to ask if any of you experience coughing after eating or drinking.  My Mom said she can take just a sip of...

Last reply
  • Coughing up Blood

Hello all! I have bronchiectasis, asthma and pseudomonas for years now. Just getting over a nasty bout of coughing up blood. This is so unsettling and terrifying! I was thinking that if I knew more about the "unknown" perhaps I could remain calmer. Have any of you had to go to ER for coughing...

Last reply
  • My sortness of breach is getting worse.

I am new to this forum but I have been living with Bronchiectasis for more than 15 years.  I have been on occasional courses of Cipro for pseudonomas but mostly I have managed by eating healthy food, exercising and taking supplements plus using nebulized sodium chloride to bring up muscus. ...

Last reply
  • Devices

I want to purchase a device to help me to bring up mucus. I’m considering either one of the acapella devices or a flutter. Any thoughts as to which is best? Thanks. Jean

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis: Pulmonary doc wants to scope me to look inside

Has anybody undergone and able to share experience? I have mild B and am bit concerned about infection with procedure vs just caring for myself with exercise, breathing exercises daily, helpful supplements etc. When I asked about outcome, doc said if chronic infection may need long-term antibiotics which...

Last reply
  • Extreme shortness of breath ?

So after I did my Contrast CT Scan they said I have mild cylindrical Bronchiectasis in the upper lobes and Bronchial Wall thickening. Is this what's causing my short of breath.Its been 5 months since it's started and it's only getting worse. The medication is not doing so well for me .Can...

Last reply
  • Chest & back pain ! Is it due to Bronchiectasis ?

Hi everyone,  I was diagnosed with Bronchiectasis in both lungs in February 2015, cause is unknown at the moment but was sent for a CT scan after coughing up blood for 5 days over the new year.  My query is does anyone else suffer with chest & back pain on a daily basis & a burning...

Last reply
  • Fatigue 😴

Hi Folks ,  I'm new to the group ! I have severe bronchiectasis, was diagnosed 53 yrs ago at the age of just two yrs old. Wondered if anyone here have been living with this most of their life too ? If so do you feel you are always tired, I feel like I am sleeping my life away , the tiredness...

Last reply
  • bronchiectasis/pseudomonas

I am here to find patients like me with Bronchiectasis and the complication of chronic Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. I am intersted in knowing what kind of treatments they use to stay healthy. I have had theP.A. for seven years but do not have Cystic Fibrosis.

Last reply
  • Should I take my antibiotics

Dear all, I suffer with Bronchiectasis and have caught a cold, with a dry cough, and the usual muscus, I cough up is not there at the moment. I had a cold earlier this year which developed into a sinus and chest infection that was cleared by antibiotics. Is the cough I have now part of the...

Last reply
  • Good days?

Feedback please...I was diagnosed with asthma, bx and pseudamonas years ago. Was wondering how many days others can be off antibiotics between flares? Could you please state if you have bx alone or what overlapping diagnosis.  Asked similar question yesterday but only got one response so far (thank...

Last reply
  • Navigating site.

I thought I started a new discussion yesterday on this site but I can't see it appearing anywhere. Anyone know how I can check if my posting has been successful?

Last reply
  • RX frequency

Hello!  I am wondering what the LONGEST time between needing antibiotics for BX WITH PSEUDAMONAS? How frequently rx is needed.  Thank you for feedback!!😊

Last reply
  • Mucus tests

Test results on mucus specimens have until recently taken up to 4 days. Now I'm told it can be up to 10 days.  This seems to me too long a time. I am currently waiting with some apprehension . I would however be interested in knowing how common this is. Equally no sample can be submitted without...

Last reply
  • Vicks humidifiers

Was wondering if any of my fellow bronchiectasis/ asthma/ sinusitis sufferers have tried any room humidifiers ? Was thinking of buying one but there are "warm air " or "cool air" models and dont know which would be more suitable for our condition, wondered if anyone could recommend...

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis Using Oxygen

Seems my biggest thing with BX is night time, always coughing up every 30 mins getting no sleep,so I figured I try doing oxygen,started last night finally got some sleep, just wondering if anyone else is doing the same,and what are the results. I still use the neb during the day Sodium & Albuterol...

Last reply
  • What do you want your therapist to know?

Good morning/ afternoon/ evening. My name is Amber and I am currently a Respiratory Therapy Student in Georgia. I am approaching the last 2 terms of my path and have been given a simple project. For this project; I need you to tell me what you would like your therapist to know about you and your condition....

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath, weakness

I am 64 and was diagnosed with bronchiectasis in 2013.  I did very well managing it until August of 2017.Managing meant getting antibiotics and steroids and it would clear up.  Since then I have been in the hospital 4 times and it seems that I am weaker every time I get out. ...

Last reply
  • Looking for a little help?.

Hello to all.. This is my first time to posting on this website. I have been reading though all the posts lots of great information..  A little about me. I have being diagnosed with asthma and copd . i am on ventolin and breo. My question and why i came to the bronchiectasis group is the past year...

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis.

Hi I have been living with Bronchiectasis for years since having whooping cough as a baby. I am having problems with coughing and having attacks of not being able to breathe. Last night while out for dinner I swallowed food and I hit like a sensitive spot in my throat and i suddenly cough and then I...

Last reply
  • Chest pain after eating

I'm trying to understand if the chest pain I feel after eating is related to bronchiectasis. I get a pressure pain after eating that sometimes develops into a pocket or bubble I find hard to  clear. I am taking Prilosec 2 times a day. 40 mgs. My GI doctor says t is not my esophagus....

Last reply
  • Finding answers for cough

Hi again ,just want to thank everyone on this site for your post and support where I have learned so much about bronchiectasis. I usually just read post and hate to give advice when I think some because I don't feel as if I am an expert. Please ignor my rant today , bad night you see.! After years...

Last reply
  • New to bronchiectasis and would like advice

I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis last January at the age of 22. I like to think of myself being a generally healthy person. I eat well (cut out dairy and alcohol), exercise when I can, and did as much research as I could on my condition. So I have a few remaining questions and would like to hear...

Last reply
  • Could we have the day off ?

Do any off my fellow Bronchiectasis sufferers also have sinus problems? Between constantly coughing up phlegm, blowing my nose, painful ears , headaches post nasal drip it is really pulling me down 🤧. Does anyone else have these problems. I can imagine I'm not the only one ! I also have nasal...

Last reply
  • Need some help and support

Hello all, I often read this forum, but now I decided to tell my story as I have been very down lately. I have a very complicated story. I am female, 29 years old. Been diagnosed when I was 24, after a serious of wrong diagnosis and “bronchial asthma” since 2010 (only lately I found out I never had...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.