Skip to content
Ad

Bronchiectasis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help needed! mucus clearance!

Dear all, My name is Ian, and I am an Emergency Medicine physician. I am currently looking at trying to improve mucus clearance for people with bronchiectasis. My team and I would need some help surveying people suffering from bronchiectasis and find out reasons they do or do not perform mucus clearance,...

Last reply
  • Pain of BX

Does anyone experience aching bone pain all the way down their arm? (on the same side as their affected lung with BX)

Last reply
  • Steroid treatment?

Hi everyone.  I'm new here. I was diagnosed with BX and also rampant Aspergillus about this time last year. It sort of came on suddenly so I had all the testing and the name was given to the condition. I'm aged 66.  I'd had whooping cough aged 4, pneumonia aged 13 and a wheezy chest...

Last reply
  • BBX

Had three ct scan I have BX I know that.  Phelgm all the time.   Muscus plugs.   Now my doctor wants me to go for bronchoscope has anyone had that test.    Also is it safe to take antibiotic for rest of our lives.    Thanks

Last reply
  • tony15641

Hi as anyone else used one of these Aerobika expiratory pressure therapy system to help get sputum up went to see consultant was on about putting me on antibiotic every day but said there is some risks can cause liver problems heart as well to which I suffer with both these things ad to do 3 lots of...

Last reply
  • Bx

what about coughing blood.          WHo has had that

Last reply
  • bronchiectasis/pseudomonas

I am here to find patients like me with Bronchiectasis and the complication of chronic Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. I am intersted in knowing what kind of treatments they use to stay healthy. I have had theP.A. for seven years but do not have Cystic Fibrosis.

Last reply
  • I was just diagnosed with Bronchiectasis

I'd never heard of this.  I was coughing up dark red blood.  At the ER they took a CT scanand said that's what I had.  I am now in my 3rd "cycle"....... Every two weeks I'll get a bad pain in my lung, at least one cold sweat, a lot of fatigue to the point I can't...

Last reply
  • Recent Diagnosis

hi all After years of chest infections and an almost continuous cough, I was finally diagnosed with Bronchiectasis yesterday. In a strange way I’m glad to find out that there’s actually something wrong with me!  Apart from feeling ill ill a lot of the time, I’ve found the last couple of years...

Last reply
  • Going on holiday

I was diagnosed with bronchiectasis one month ago after a chronic cough for years. I am on my 8th course of antibiotics since March. Still coming to terms with the condition and trying to remain positive. I am flying to Vietnam next week and am worried how I am going to cope with my continual coughing...

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis

I have Bronchiectasis and i am only 20 i cant except that i have it and i have to leave my job beacuse of it i just need someone to talk to who has the same problem as i have cos i dont know anyone who has Bronchiectasis Thank you Jen x

Last reply
  • Chest clearance without coughing - is it possible?

Hi, Does anyone manage to clear their chests just through huffing, without any actual coughing?  I have bronchiectasis and Pseudomonas and clear my chest every day using Active Cycle of Breathing and Autogenic Drainage techniques that I was taught by the brilliant phsyios at the Royal Brompton. ...

Last reply
  • Fatigue related to Bronchiectasis

Hello All, I may have asked this before but.... I have had B for years and been through varying phases with it. Currently no infection for 3 months..a miracle. In the last 4/5 years of the condition I have experienced varying degrees of fatigue when infections take hold. The episodes go from debilitating...

Last reply
  • Ct scan with contrast

My doctor had me go for three ct scans in one year plus one chest exray same report I have BX.     I have blood phelgm twice in one year.     I had enough CT’s.   Just want antibotics if needed.   My question has anyone have so many CT’s  and coughing blood is common...

Last reply
  • Coughing after eating

If I do not eat all morning I am ok. Then try to eat a LITTLE bit and the BIG coughing starts. I have tried eliminating wheat, dairy etc. But still cough. Getting VERYfrustrated.!!!

Last reply
  • Sudden breathless

Hi everyone, I have had bronchiectas for a few years now , been in hospital with psudomas pnemonia about three years ago, I cough every day , and get many chest infections. However I have now developed a new symptom of hyperventilating. It just starts suddenly, and I am not moving around. It lasts for...

Last reply
  • Tech problem

I went ahead and registered so I could reply to a post by Shirley7000, but after registering, the reply button was gone! So I opened a new browser and can't find Shirley's post anywhere. She asked if anyone knew how they had contracted pseudomonas.  The answer for me is Yes, I know exactly...

Last reply
  • Chances of getting pseudomonas?

Greetings, I've had BX since 2014 with MSSA colonized. I'm wondering what the chances are of also catching pseudomonas - Is it inevitable? Does anyone with pseudomonas remember how the caught it? Thanks!!  

Last reply
  • Haemophilus influenza

I have been told i either have asthma or bronchiectasis i dont think they can make their mind up.  I have had loads of chest infections over the last 3 years and now through a sputum test i have had haemophilus influenza for the last 5 weeks i am on course 6 of antibiotics. (1 of amoxicillan 4...

Last reply
  • Dealing with bronchiectesis

Hi everyone my name is Eram. I have had bronchectiesis for 20 yrs. I finally got so fed up being sick and constantly being on meds and steriods that I decided to get a lung lobectomy as recommended by my doctor. So on July 11th, 2017 I did a lower left lobe lobeactomy. The surgeon informed that my entire...

Last reply
  • Chapeler

Hello folks . I was diagnosed with Bronchietsas also asthma over 10 years ago . I am reasonably well exercise x medication seem to help . My problem is acute tiredness,hardly any energy. I could sleep for England ..... I wondering if someone may have suggestions to overcome my problem ! I realise many...

Last reply
  • Do i keep taking Azithromycin .

Hi, I am having a flare up amd i have been pescribed two amoxicillin three times a day for two weeks ans 6 steroids a day , my question is , do i stop taking the Azithromycin that I take three times a week while i am on these.    I forgot to ask the doctor.       ...

Last reply
  • BRONCHIECTASIS IN LEFT LINGULA

I  just been diagnosed with this ! Any information to help in understanding how serious this is would be very appreciated , current symptoms coughing blood  every 3 weeks , thanks in advance best John 

Last reply
  • Has anyone tried bioresinence therapy

i was diagnosed only last week following results of a CT scan. I have had 6 lots of antibiotics in the last six months for chronic productive cough. I have been treated for 2 years for gastric reflux which I now believe was misdiagnosed i feel absolutely shattered most of the time and really have to...

Last reply
  • My oral thrush has become much worse ...........

because of the regular antibiotics I have to take 3 times a week. I have also had to have a number of courses (14 days) of antibiotics which have contributed. Two months I had to have a course of fluconazole because the concentration of candida in my sputum was high. This helped curb the oral thrush,...

Last reply
  • Shadow on chest exray

Cough up blood.  Doctor took a chest X-ray said I have a shadow which is pneaumonia.     I feel find.     My question I have BX.   Does that show a shadow on exray

Last reply
  • Catching a Cold

Like most people with BX when I catch a cold I get a lung infection and it lasts for weeks.  When is the best time to start antibiotics?  At the start of a cold?  After a few days, a week or longer?  Doctors seem to have different opinions. This time i started on antibiotics after...

Last reply
  • More BX

I hear so many more people say they went to there doctor and was told they have BX      What could be causing it or is just years ago they didn't have a name for it and we were told it was a pneumonia or a bad chest infection

Last reply
  • Bronchiectasis with Vitamin D deficiency

Hi, I am 29 yrs old female from Pakistan. Since last two years I have been suffering from chest infection and went thru some intensive courses of wide ranged antibiotics. After all this, a week ago, Chest CT scan revealed mild Bronchiectasis, while a month ago Vitamin D test revealed that I am too much...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.