Nights sweats without an infection?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I am 31 and was diagnosed with bronchiectasis last year after years of H. influenzae infection. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic I never had an appointment with the doctor after a diagnosis through the post and no one to answer my questions.

I am having night sweats still, supposedly without infection (my last sputum sample said I had no infection even though I was feeling awful and ended up with a fever - do they only check for bacterial infections or viral too?).

Does anyone else experience regular night sweats even without infection?

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i don't get night sweats at all.

sorry that you've had no replies. unfortunately we no longer get email notifications when someone posts a question or reply

• Posted

yes i often have night sweats and have done for years. but it is unclear as to why. It is when i have a bronchiectasis flare up but in between as well which is usually put down to hormones! sorry that probably doesn't help you but least you know someone else has the same problem,

if you get any professional answer or advice please come back and let us know.

• Posted

Elenor, please see a doctor. A pulminologist. (lung doctor) He/she than then give you tests, ask questions, and give you much more information about your case of bronchiectasis. Medical centers take precautions to try and prevent covid spread. I do hope that you are fully vaccinated, for it is SO important for those with lung disease. Most of what is out there now is the omicron variant, and that is less harmful, especially if you are vaccinated.

PS If you do not believe in vaccine, that's fine, but I do not want to debate over it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.