Tickly dry cough

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , I'm a BX patient, i pretty much always have a cough as such , periodically though, i get a very dry tickly cough , which bizarrely doesn't start until later in the day .

Has anyone else had this ? If so , did you find the reasoning ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I cough during the day but the nights are worse Unfortunately I don't know specifically why. I suffer with GERD and allergies/sinuses with constant post nasal drip. The tickling or drip triggers my cough

• Edited

I am new to this forum so I need to ask.Is BX short for bronchiectasis?

A dry cough? Are you staying hydrated? Not being hydrated can cause both a cough and more mucus. Thick mucus. Have you tired avoiding caffeine? Too much caffeine can also cause dehydration in some people, even if they think they are drinking enough. One last thought: Is your home or apartment humidified?

Does nebulizing help? Saline nasal spays or rinses help some, but not others.

Everyone is different, so what works for some might not work for others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.