quick heart beat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i was just wondering if anyone out there sometimes gets a quick heart beat and sometimes it seem like it flutter i have had several ECG's and always they say my heart is fine .

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jayne

Yes, I do. Not all the time and at no particular time of day. Sometimes I can go weeks without that sensation. I have heard of other people who have this too.

• Posted

Oh dancing queen i'm glad i'm not the only one . I dont suffer with a lot of symptoms i only really get the heart thing sometimes and a pain across my back where my bra goes sometimes it feels so uncomfortable wearing a bra .
  • Posted

Hi Jayne

I also get this fluttery feeling occasionally, feels quite weird, I thought it could be because I was feeling a little anxious?  I also don't like tight clothing as its so uncomfortable around the diaphram area, which seems to make my breathing worse.  I am beginning to realise that having bronchiectasis causes all sorts of strange things to happen to the body.  Its good you have had ecg's which shows all ok.  Because a family member had heart block,  I did end up having a 24hr ecg attached to check my heart over a period of time.  Again this was fine.  I wish you well.

• Posted

Yes me too.  A few quick beats every now and then, I also had this checked and was told as long as it doesn't go on continuously for a long time it is ok, I also get what seems like a missed beat, this is called ectopic heart beat and is apparently very common and no problem. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.