A Little Help Please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I am always researching to find better ways to cope with our changing and raging hormones. I stopped googling and researching things that do nothing but drive my anxiety down the runway to losing my mind. We have enough on our plates to deal with.

I know that what might work for you may not work for someone else as we are all different, but I came across some useful information that just may help someone. Use it to your specifications, research it if you'd like, but I just wanted to put it out here.

Vitamin A- 5,000 iu- acts as a antioxidant, improves skin health, regulates bone remodeling.

Vitamin B- 50 to 100 mg- relieves pms, relieves hot flushes, enhances mood, improves memory.

Vitamin C- 500 mg twice a day- acts as an antioxidant, improves memory, increases collagen in skin.

Vitamin E- 400 to 800 iu- acts as antioxidant, relieves hot flushes, improves memory, reduces wrinkles.

Calcium- 300 mg twice a day- relieves pms, decreases heart palpatations.

Magnesium- 300 mg twice a day- relieves pms, reduces fatigue, increases feeling of well being, may prevent migraine headaches, decreases heart palpitations.

Evening primrose oil- 1,000 mg one to three times a day- relieves hot flushes, relieves menstrual problems, relieves anxiety, improves mood.

Phosphatidyl serine- 100 to 300 mg- improves concentration, improves memory, relieves depression.

Black Cohosh- 50 mg twice a day- improves irregular bleeding, relieves pms, relieves hot flushes, relieves insomnia.

Chasteberry- capsule or liquid follow the suggested dose- improves irregular bleeding, increases LH, thereby increasing progesterone and protecting against unopposed oestrogen.

Ginkgo Biloba- 30 to 50 mg three times a day- improves mood, improves short term memory, improves concentration, stimulated libido.

Liquorice- 500 mg daily- reduces heavy bleeding, has mild phyto-oestrogen properties.

St.John's Wort- consult your GP if taking any scripted meds before taking 300 to 500 mg daily- relieves insomnia, relieves depression, reduces anxiety, stimulates libido.

Again, I just thought I would share some of the info i've found. Hopefully something here will be helpful for someone.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Thank you for the wonderful information! Very helpful☺
    • Posted

No problem. I don't know much myself about this stuff. I've been connecting the dots fron going to the docs and ER so many times. They never tell me anything is seriously wrong which is good, but they always seems to tell me that some nutrient is low and that may be the cause of some of the weird sensations. So if there is anything that we can take from the list to help that would be good with helping each other get through.
    • Posted

I had my visits to the ER as well and they could never find anything wrong, except for a few times, I was low on potassium. I was told by a nurse that low potassium (even low normal range) can cause anxiety. Now I try to keep my levels up as much as possible from my diet, but there are days when I am so nauseated and can't even get water down from loss of appetite. I have been trying to get down coconut water which has the potassium I desperately need, but boy is it expensive to keep on hand. I have tried all of the supplements on your list as well. I think the hormones are just too powerful when they are fluctuating for them to make a difference, at least that is my experience. I am horrible for the searching and Googling. We so desperately want to fix ourselves because the docs aren't helping at all. Im here with ya, and hope this phase passes soon.
  • Posted

I struggle with the searching/Googling, too... this list is a great reference!  Thanks!!
    • Posted

Googling scares me too bad. I want to be informed but it's too much. It adds to my health anxieties.
    • Posted

Thank You Jamie for the helpful information. I don't google my symptoms anymore either because it would set off my anxiety then I would be off to urgent care or ER. Take Care Jamie hopefully today will be one of the better days for all of us, praying for it to be 🙏

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

Debbie, LOL, I am JUST like you, when I google my symptoms I freak out badly
  • Posted

be careful with the liquorice if you have probs with irregular heart beats, as it can make it worse, its great though  for slow digestion as it mimics steriods, which is what they give you for slow digestion, plus, and this is the big annoying one, it can cause you to gain weight, Chaste berry foul stuff in tincture form, took it for fibroids, they shrunk anyway, so dont know if it worked all worth a go though, thanks jamie. 
    • Posted

No problem. Just thought maybe something on this list would be useful for someone.
  • Posted

This is definitely helpful.  I struggle with the online searching and figuring out what's what.  Thanks for sharing!
  • Posted

Thank you Jamie, whats good for itching and dry skin, my iodine came in the mail yesterday and I heard it helps. But, I was wondering about what I could put on my skin too.
    • Posted

I'm trying to figure that out myself. My skin is really dry and no matter how much lotion I put on, it just looks even more ashy than before. I've used Lubriderm, Eucerin, Shea butter and nothing works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.