A little help please

Posted , 6 users are following.

For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been having really bad headaches like with a lot of pressure head and bad pains in my ears to where I went to the er Twice but the give me a headache cocktail and tell me to wait for my neurologist appointment which is tomorrow butt I was just wondering does anybody else have a problem like this I already had my surgery last year and no good came out of it and I've been on this site many times but I'm getting the headaches like 3 x 4 times out the week and they don't go away for almost the whole day any advice or does anybody go through the same thing I'm going through I was just wondering thank you

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melanie, I get head aches too, had surgery 2yrs ago, some days are better than others, I get dizziness too and have medication to take. I'm waiting for a follow up as seen chiari nurse, she reckons I'm one of the unlucky ones to still have side effects off surgery. I feel better when I'm up and about as sitting at computer or reading makes it worse too if I sit too long. And staying hydrated especially in this weather. I hope things get better for you hun x

• Posted

Yes Melanie I get headaches all the time, had surgery 2yrs ago. They reckon I'm one of the unlucky ones who has side effect after surgery. Seen nurse and waiting for following up from neurosurgeon.

• Posted

Sorry posted twice in error
    • Posted

Thanks nothing with the ears though ever heard of it happening it's so painfully can't stand cause the pressure is so bad and the dizziness is bad I fall all,the time

• Posted

I have lots of tinnitus, and always seem to get infection on side on head that's still numb. I don't fall but loose my balance. Think they are going to do scan but not heard anything yet.

• Posted

Any time Melanie, this condition affects people in different ways, but it's a bit reassuring when you know your not alone x

• Posted

Hi I under went thru with the surgery and I'm just like you. Feels like I've gotten worse. Seeing my neurosurgeon on the 28. Getting an MRI done. Get a second opinion . remember surgery isn't the cure.good luck

• Posted

hI THERE, JUST TRY TO BE POSITIVE AND GET ANOTHER SURGERY, ITS HAPPENED TO LOTS OF CHIARIAN, DONT LOSE FAITH... JUST SEE YOUR HELATH CARE PROFESSIONAL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - GOOD LUCK
  • Posted

Just a thought... Have you ever tried meclazine for your ears? My father has minears (sp?) Disease. Years ago, they have him a script for meclazine. It drains fluid or of your ears- you can buy it over the counter now under non drowsy Dramamine. It is also used for motion sickness. Just check the label and make sure it says meclazine on it. It has helped me many times with my ears for vertigo.Maybe it will help with pressure you are having. I hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi I haven't had surgery yet but I want to I have had my headache for days. I also have dizziness and I feel like I have to throw up. I had to go back to the doctor today so I can get some more medicine. I feel so bad Thanks. I hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.