A little off solid ground.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi so without breaking the rules of sharing information from clinic appointments, respecting boundaries, i learned that for people who are on a few meds that i take, anti depressants, that only 20 percent of those people will work with them, by work i mean adjust, have more good days etc. This shocked me. i know i cannot just take a magic pill and hurrah one illness down but it literally felt i fell further into nothing. so im left with dubious questions. Am i so crazy that in now are these meds a placebo effect because i see them, put them in my mouth and therefore science is helping me become less crazy, tolerable or is it just me tricking myself with psychological, placebo effect, that they are working? oh i notice symptoms of taking them but really is it actually helping the mental illness. i guess I need to do more digging. Anybody else found out info like this? Did you and your drs discuss it? Thanks. N.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

In this modern world, just remember that the doctor gets a quarter kickback on each pill prescribed. They have to pay back there student loans. Your not crazy or nutso. We are not alone in our feelings.

Human society has always been weird. There is no such a thing as perfection except when a client wants more for there money's worth

PTSD is for real, and life could almost only be an illusion.

Except for the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.