A long battle

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PR in November of 2018. The diagnosis came after having had one dermatologist tell me I had bedbugs. I did what anyone would do...I hired an exterminator. Since I have kids I took that very seriously. However, the exterminator found nothing and no one else in our house had a rash.

The next derm I saw made the PR diagnosis. She said it would go away in a few weeks. In May, my rash was still going strong despite using aloe, topical steroids, eucerine, sun etc. The derm did a second biopsy and said i just had extremely dry skin and she suggested photo therapy. She said maybe it would work or not. The photo therapy is so pricey and i needed a more confident reply from her.

I decided to wait longer for the rash to resolve. It didn't. Here I am in Sept 2019, almost a year later, still with PR. MY 3rd derm gave me a cortisone shot and said if this doesn't work then I can wait or do photo-therapy. He also said he sees many patients who have PR last for a very, very long time. The shot has helped a lot. I'm hopeful it's on it's way out finally!

To everyone out there dealing with this, you are not alone. This silly virus will go away and your skin will clear up. Just be patient....

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.