a long journey towards diagnosis of Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone!! I have experienced the worst headache, stiffening a...nd lots of pain in TM joint and neck difficulty in swallowing, dry mouth, panic attacks, swollen face especially in front of ears, toughness in masseter muscle, pain in tonsils and ears...tingling on left side of head and neck and eye pain in the morning (the left one), vertigo like attack after going to bathroom or talking for longer which lasted for 2-3 mins only.....saw many doctors...had a lot of medications and all but finally after 1.5 year of suffering, an ENT surgeon diagnosed that I am suffering from anxiety disorder...I was shocked...now I am on therapy...and hoping that it heals me... Can anyone please tell if they also faced such things??does this happen if you are depressed or having anxiety??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh indeed I get a lot of these things, lately especially lump in throat, dry mouth and problems swallowing. In fact today I am off to ENT like you. My docs think its anxiety, and I have a long history of anxiety - so I'm sure they are right
    • Posted

thanks for your reply...may I get through this...wish you luck for your diagnosis and treatment too smile
  • Posted

Hello Ayesha, All of it happens to me as well. In addition, I have gagging, trembling and shakes. Eveerything happens when you are anxious and everytime different stuffs may happen. It sucks. Mine started 10 days ago and I cant eat and sleep properly
  • Posted

Oh yes Anxiety can cause all of the symptoms or sensations you have been experiencing, keep going to the therapy, keep busy try and find a new hobbie something that will totally absorb you, except how your feeling dont fight it go with it but focus on your new hobbie, maybe keep a diary of each day then you can see how life goes on, no matter how we feel.

You will come through this.

• Posted

thanks lou63...the diary thing is a good idea biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.