A lot of groin pain and pain above hair line 4 weeks after anterior/posterior repair and TVT sling.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so frustrated!  I tried to go back to work (desk job) yesterday and had to stay home today.  My groin hurts so bad I can’t wear panties! The incision area from the sling above the pubic hair line is really tender as well.  Driving still bothers me if it is more than 25-30 minutes too.   I was feeling great and ready to get back to work after the holiday, but now I feel like I am back to week 1.  Anyone else experience these things either from the sling or prolapse repairs?  TIA

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

4 weeks is pretty early. I had to sit on a stack of memory foam pillows and recline as much as possible to use a chair at that point. Groin pain can be either inflamed nerves from the surgical trauma or spasmed pelvic muscles. Have you tried warm compresses/heating pad? Are you still taking your ibuprofen around the clock? I had the tenderness at the sling incision site for a good long while, it always surprised me when I bumped into a desk/table at that height. I noticed about 2-3 months after the surgery that that tenderness had gradually gone away when I wasn't paying attention. Probably should talk to your doc about the groin pain, you may need some physical therapy after you're healed up to help you relax those muscles--that's what happened to me.

• Posted

The doc told me some ladies go back to work after a week or two and some take longer, so I thought I would be in better shape by now haha!   I went back to work yesterday and was miserable by noon.  I have a total of six weeks approved which takes me through the 19th, but I didn’t want to take that much time off work.  I had backed off of the ibuprofen because I felt good but took some yesterday and today.   Maybe it was my work chair because at home I do recline or lie on my side a lot.  I’ll try some heat and see if that helps.   If not, I’ll give the doc a call because I don’t go back in until the 19th.  Thanks! 
    • Posted

Wow hun I was told 12 weeks recovery. You have had a lot done so not surprised your in pain.

If you return to early there is a high chance you reprolapse

The tissues don't make strong scar tissue till 12 wks hun.

I'm 6 mobth s from tvh and anterior redone and I'm still not lifting,because im.over cautious. It's worth it love.x

• Posted

I sure hope it is worth it!  I don’t have to do any lifting for work, so I thought I would be okay.  I think it’s the drive that is the worst part because I felt great this morning but on the drive in I was miserable, and then I am sitting at a desk.  I took my heating pad and a memory foam cushion to sit on today but it didn’t make much difference.   Only worked 1/2 day today.   I did start my period today though, and I have cramps from hell so I wonder if my cycle is anything to do with this garbage.  Thanks!
  • Posted

Have a look at the group Sling the mesh on Facebook. So many people having problem but you will get great support there
  • Posted

Do you still have stitches love?
    • Posted

I have only seen one come loose so far and that was today.  I looked with a mirror the other day and there are still a ton of knots that I can see. 
    • Posted

Be very careful with your stitches.you don't want them loosening too soon with any pressure. I'm cringing at the very thought.

Good luck with healing.x

• Posted

Jessica1234

Hola, 

35 yrs old I had cystocele and rectocele with a mid slim and posterior repair and I’m in my 6 day of recovery and I was reading your note  my slim dr said the hold are in  my creases On each side of my legs you said your are in your pubic are? 

• Posted

Yes, my sling is anchored above the pubic bone just above the hair line.  I have seen the type you have.  They called it a TOT sling I believe. If I had the type you have I would understand the groin pain! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.