A lot of Inflammation around my anus and spreading up towards my vagina, please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

The redness is quite severe and it does not be seeming to go away, it has now started this peeling away of skin on the very outer layer of it and has started flaking towards the outer layer of the vagina.

I am 16 years old and also have psoriasis in my scalp, I am also very self confident about this redness as I feel I will not be able to have sex when the time comes. It is not usually itchy but it leaves a very strong smell in my underwear. There is cuts in my skin, it is just redness.

Please help me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Felicity, please  go to your doctor as soon as possible, don't be embarrassed, it sounds to me like thrush , or bacterial infection , 

redness in this area can be a sign of diabetes, so you will need blood test doing as well, 

In the mean time, do not use any scented products,  creams , or those so called intimate wash products, they will make the problem worse.

a gentle warm soak in a bath will help, and dry yourself very gently,.

have you any one to confide in, 

so again please go to your doctor , this can be cured"

• Posted

Hi also wear cotton under wear, gusset free tights and cut out sugar helps.  As Joan said you do need to get this sorted, you dont want the bacetria from your anus getting to your urethea either as this can cause and UTI . Could it be the same psoriasis oyu have in your scalp i wonder. last thing you need to worry about is sex at the moment, get this diagnosed and cleared up.
    • Posted

Yes!  Cutting out sugar.  I forgot to mention that in my message right now, but that also can make a huge difference.
  • Posted

Felicity please go and see your Doctor, as there are often very simple solutions, like Advantan cream.  Pay attention also to what you are eating in the 24 hours before you have a flare up (keep a diary of your food intake), as for me it is always related to what I've eaten.  Cheese, milk, wheat and anything containing yeast being the worst culprits for me.  I also find it is worse when I am not getting enough sleep. 

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.