Skip to content

Pruritus Ani

Also known as Itchy Anus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • The itching won’t go away!

I have had this itching for over 2 years now. I have a fissure which is now somewhat under control and I have psoriasis. I’ve seen many different types of doctors and have tried many different ointments. I even changed my diet. No gluten, no dairy, no caffeine, no chocolate, no cheese, no …

Last reply
  • I can’t take the itch anymore!

I have had this itch for over 2 years. I have a fissure which is now under control and psoriasis. I’ve tried so many creams and even changed my diet. Gluten free, no caffeine, no chocolate, no dairy, no nightshade vegetables, no red meat.  The itch just does not go away! Sometimes it gets so …

Last reply
  • I think i’ve finally beaten Pruritus Ani

My Story (Sorry if It gets graphic, I think its important to give you the full detail, and like many of you I have gone past the point of caring what people think in order to overcome this horrible condition) How I got Pruritus Ani In December 2014, aged 36 I came down with a stomach bug like i’ …

Last reply
  • Single white bump

Hello, I have a single white bump on the outer edge of my anus. It looks like anal skin, but just a raised white bump. I’ve had it for a few months. It doesn’t itch or hurt. It can sometimes be a little irritated from wiping after going number 2.  It is painless, isn’t sore or tender and it’s …

Last reply
  • Intense itching from anal fissure....

I have an anal fissure and possibly some more problems, I'm soon to have an internal investigation by camera (sorry forgot name and notes are in the car) The itching around my anus and perennial area is just too much to bear. I try to ignore it, and bathe it it salt water or plain water or even …

Last reply
  • Itchy botty

I thought I had piles 2 weeks ago but I now have itching and soreness around my anus. Impossible to get GP appointment with female (Really don't want a male GP examining me!). Any tips on how to treat?

Last reply
  • Pimple small red and white inside anus itchy n mucous in poop

Hey i m jade and i have been suffering from anal itch almost seven 7 yrs now. It started off with a iron nail cut on the wood stick unknowingly i gotbadly cut deep and bloody. Just was trying to scratch inside in have slept Now developed whitw and red pimples in that area inside the anus. It itch …

Last reply
  • I Broke the cycle of Itching, please try this

I have been suffering from pruritis ani for about 3-4 years now and I truly thought I would never ever get rid of it! I had tryed every cream, ointment, treatment that I could. I researched new treatments online all the time, I even tried taking an oral treatment that tasted really disgusting, but …

Last reply
  • Writing a book on curing Pruritus Ani!

Hi there, I had PA for 3 years. I finally got rid of it at some point last year. Now I have absolutely no itching at all. When I first got it it was a crazy busy time in my life and one itch turned into many more and my peri-anal skin got really sensitised. I have nearly completed by ebook that I …

Last reply
  • Started a Facebook Group

Hi I have started a Facebook Group called Stop Pruritus Ani. It would be great if you could join. I have made it a closed group.  Not sure how easy it will be to get this off the ground but I thought it was worth a go.  Nobody should have to suffer from this debilitating symptom. We …

Last reply
  • Bump on my anus

It’s a soft bubbly pump that hurts when I touch it or sit down I got it like 2 days ago xd someone pls help and tell me what it is .. it looks like a boil idk I wish I could add a photo for you guys to see but pls help is there any home treatments that I can use ?  

Last reply
  • My Story

I had what I'll call HBI (Horrible Butt Itch) for at least 20 years. At least. It was horrible and it affected my life. I often couldn't go to sleep, I would constantly have to scrub my nails in the morning for obvious reasons, etc. It Interrupted my sleep and I'd be embarrassed if I …

Last reply
  • Idopathic puritis ani 8 damn years!!! No results at all 😡

8years of this rubbish i swear iam at wits end iam currently sitting here rocking back and fords like a nutter because it stings it hurts it just does my damn head in. Ive tryed all the creames and pills. Even sleepings so i dont wake up and scratch . I cant leave my house or even go to the toilet …

Last reply
  • Weird itching on my anus

im 16 andhave this strange feeling like there something going wrong down there im afraid of a pinworm infection. Im very hypochondriac and only the thought terrifies me last two days i can't think of anything else. I've looked the symptoms on the internet and i dont have any of them expect …

Last reply
  • I have unexplained itching and burning near my anus

I have  unexplained itching and burning near my anus, it burns more than itches and isn't unbearable but I notice it especially when I think about, which has been more and more as the day goes on I would say more out of personal concern than it actually getting worse as I am an individual …

Last reply
  • Lump on anus

Hi all this weekend i tried to go for a regular bowel movement and felt a large painful lump inside the opening of my anus It hurts to whipe and i can feel it quite prominant My symptoms are as follows Lump on anus Small thin bowel movement's Cramping stomach Feel like i need to poo …

Last reply
  • Itchy sore swollen anus

Hi... I've had an Itchy, sore and swollen anus for about a week now and no signs of it clearing. It itches intensely throughout the day and the only way to calm it and to stop it from being so sore is using coconut oil. Any ideas what it could be? I thought maybe it could be a fissure but …

Last reply
  • Itchy, swollen, sore anus

Hi... I've had an Itchy, sore and swollen anus for about a week now and no signs of it clearing. It itches intensely throughout the day and the only way to calm it and to stop it from being so sore is using coconut oil. Any ideas what it could be? I thought maybe it could be a fissure but …

Last reply
  • How can I get rid of threadworm

My family all have threadworm.  We have taken the medication and been constantly cleaning and washing clothes, underwear, bedsheets, hoovering etc but are still seeing live worms after 5 days. I don't know what more I can do. It's physically impossible to wash or clean absolutely …

Last reply
  • Allergy for Kathon CG

Hi fellas, I have been suffering from awful burning around my anus and constant dryness for 4 years now. Every moisturizer I have been prescribed has only made things worse and have caused skin redness. Even the most natural cosmetics, such as organic coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil with …

Posted
  • Mysterious Itching of the Vulva and Anus

I was wondering if anybody could offer me some advice. Just after Christmas (almost 3 months ago now), I started experiencing itching around my vulva/anus after a sexual encounter with my boyfriend. Prior to this encounter, I had shaved "down there" with a new, very sharp razor and used a …

Posted
  • Relief from Pruritus Ani

I HAVE to share this with you all! I suffered for nearly a year with pruritus ani. It started at the end of my pregnancy with my third baby. And continued. It seemed linked to my cycle every month and would get worse during ovulation but who knows why.  I’ve been to two proctologists, a …

Last reply
  • Timodine cream has been beneficial

Have now been applying Timodine cream for three weeks - two weeks three times a day, then the past week twice a day, washing with warm water (no soap) before application. I intend to use only one application per day for a fourth week, then risk nothing! So far I can report that after seven days …

Last reply
  • itchy anus for several years diagnosed

I can really relate to some of these experiences, especially trying every availabel cream . I visited the doctor a few times and they treated me for either piles of gave me a mild steroid cream, which gave a little relief. It was only when I calculated how long I had been in my house( …

Last reply
  • Could it be a fungal infection....?

I have suffered with an itchy bum hole for years and years.  the last 2 have been particularly bad.  I went to a doctor for the first tie when I was 21.  I've spoken to a doctor about it 3 times.  they always ask if I've tried worming tablets - which I have.  I' …

Last reply
  • Redness around anus pink raw skin on rectum /itchy

SO... ive been dealing with an itchy vulva for over a year now so over it, tired of ointments and doctors saying its Eczema. But anyway ive also been dealing with a VERY IRRITATED  anus along with a tender raw rectum that looks pink and sometimes red.. IT itches and tingles and when i walk its …

Last reply
  • Something yellow on my anus opening?

I noticed this yellow kinda thing on my anus opening. And it also seems wet kinda. I posted a pic (graphic). If anone could help me realize what this is? Should I be worried or not.

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.