Skip to content

Pruritus Ani

Also known as Itchy Anus

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Started a Facebook Group

Hi I have started a Facebook Group called Stop Pruritus Ani. It would be great if you could join. I have made it a closed group.  Not sure how easy it will be to get this off the ground but I thought it was worth a go.  Nobody should have to suffer from this debilitating symptom. We should...

Last reply
  • Writing a book on curing Pruritus Ani!

Hi there, I had PA for 3 years. I finally got rid of it at some point last year. Now I have absolutely no itching at all. When I first got it it was a crazy busy time in my life and one itch turned into many more and my peri-anal skin got really sensitised. I have nearly completed by ebook that I am...

Last reply
  • Bump on my anus

It’s a soft bubbly pump that hurts when I touch it or sit down I got it like 2 days ago xd someone pls help and tell me what it is .. it looks like a boil idk I wish I could add a photo for you guys to see but pls help is there any home treatments that I can use ?  

Last reply
  • My Story

I had what I'll call HBI (Horrible Butt Itch) for at least 20 years. At least. It was horrible and it affected my life. I often couldn't go to sleep, I would constantly have to scrub my nails in the morning for obvious reasons, etc. It Interrupted my sleep and I'd be embarrassed if I had...

Last reply
  • Idopathic puritis ani 8 damn years!!! No results at all 😡

8years of this rubbish i swear iam at wits end iam currently sitting here rocking back and fords like a nutter because it stings it hurts it just does my damn head in. Ive tryed all the creames and pills. Even sleepings so i dont wake up and scratch . I cant leave my house or even go to the toilet without...

Last reply
  • Intense itching from anal fissure....

I have an anal fissure and possibly some more problems, I'm soon to have an internal investigation by camera (sorry forgot name and notes are in the car) The itching around my anus and perennial area is just too much to bear. I try to ignore it, and bathe it it salt water or plain water or even diluted...

Last reply
  • Weird itching on my anus

im 16 andhave this strange feeling like there something going wrong down there im afraid of a pinworm infection. Im very hypochondriac and only the thought terrifies me last two days i can't think of anything else. I've looked the symptoms on the internet and i dont have any of them expect the...

Last reply
  • I have unexplained itching and burning near my anus

I have  unexplained itching and burning near my anus, it burns more than itches and isn't unbearable but I notice it especially when I think about, which has been more and more as the day goes on I would say more out of personal concern than it actually getting worse as I am an individual who...

Last reply
  • Lump on anus

Hi all this weekend i tried to go for a regular bowel movement and felt a large painful lump inside the opening of my anus It hurts to whipe and i can feel it quite prominant My symptoms are as follows Lump on anus Small thin bowel movement's Cramping stomach Feel like i need to poo allot...

Last reply
  • Itchy sore swollen anus

Hi... I've had an Itchy, sore and swollen anus for about a week now and no signs of it clearing. It itches intensely throughout the day and the only way to calm it and to stop it from being so sore is using coconut oil. Any ideas what it could be? I thought maybe it could be a fissure but there...

Last reply
  • Itchy, swollen, sore anus

Hi... I've had an Itchy, sore and swollen anus for about a week now and no signs of it clearing. It itches intensely throughout the day and the only way to calm it and to stop it from being so sore is using coconut oil. Any ideas what it could be? I thought maybe it could be a fissure but there...

Last reply
  • How can I get rid of threadworm

My family all have threadworm.  We have taken the medication and been constantly cleaning and washing clothes, underwear, bedsheets, hoovering etc but are still seeing live worms after 5 days. I don't know what more I can do. It's physically impossible to wash or clean absolutely everything...

Last reply
  • Allergy for Kathon CG

Hi fellas, I have been suffering from awful burning around my anus and constant dryness for 4 years now. Every moisturizer I have been prescribed has only made things worse and have caused skin redness. Even the most natural cosmetics, such as organic coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil with cucrcumin....

Posted
  • Mysterious Itching of the Vulva and Anus

I was wondering if anybody could offer me some advice. Just after Christmas (almost 3 months ago now), I started experiencing itching around my vulva/anus after a sexual encounter with my boyfriend. Prior to this encounter, I had shaved "down there" with a new, very sharp razor and used a new...

Posted
  • Relief from Pruritus Ani

I HAVE to share this with you all! I suffered for nearly a year with pruritus ani. It started at the end of my pregnancy with my third baby. And continued. It seemed linked to my cycle every month and would get worse during ovulation but who knows why.  I’ve been to two proctologists, a general...

Last reply
  • Timodine cream has been beneficial

Have now been applying Timodine cream for three weeks - two weeks three times a day, then the past week twice a day, washing with warm water (no soap) before application. I intend to use only one application per day for a fourth week, then risk nothing! So far I can report that after seven days the...

Last reply
  • itchy anus for several years diagnosed

I can really relate to some of these experiences, especially trying every availabel cream . I visited the doctor a few times and they treated me for either piles of gave me a mild steroid cream, which gave a little relief. It was only when I calculated how long I had been in my house(contemplating...

Last reply
  • Could it be a fungal infection....?

I have suffered with an itchy bum hole for years and years.  the last 2 have been particularly bad.  I went to a doctor for the first tie when I was 21.  I've spoken to a doctor about it 3 times.  they always ask if I've tried worming tablets - which I have.  I'd...

Last reply
  • Redness around anus pink raw skin on rectum /itchy

SO... ive been dealing with an itchy vulva for over a year now so over it, tired of ointments and doctors saying its Eczema. But anyway ive also been dealing with a VERY IRRITATED  anus along with a tender raw rectum that looks pink and sometimes red.. IT itches and tingles and when i walk its unbereable...

Last reply
  • Something yellow on my anus opening?

I noticed this yellow kinda thing on my anus opening. And it also seems wet kinda. I posted a pic (graphic). If anone could help me realize what this is? Should I be worried or not.

Last reply
  • My Story

I had what I'll call HBI (Horrible Butt Itch) for at least 20 years. At least. It was horrible and it affected my life. I often couldn't go to sleep, I would constantly have to scrub my nails in the morning for obvious reasons, etc. It Interrupted my sleep and I'd be embarrassed if I had...

Last reply
  • Stopped the itching!

I have been reading the blog since I have had pruritis ani (rectal pruritis) for over 20 years.  I have recently been given treatment that has pretty much cured me for which I would like to share in hopes of helping anyone out there.  After years of trying every cream known to man, I was given...

Last reply
  • Itching and insomnia

I'm just about going crazy because of itching on my whole body especially my legs, I have small wounds up and down my legs through scratching, I'm beginning to think it's heat related because I don't get it as bad during the day, it's only when my wife and I go to bed, we tend to...

Last reply
  • Itchy painful anus

My anus has been inflamed for a few days now. It's very itchy and I get this sort of sharp pain when I make a bowel movement. I saw a doctor about it, and I was told it is not herpes nor a hemmorhoid. She thinks it is either a minor fungal infection or anal strep (yeah I didn't know that was...

Last reply
  • I Broke the cycle of Itching, please try this

I have been suffering from pruritis ani for about 3-4 years now and I truly thought I would never ever get rid of it! I had tryed every cream, ointment, treatment that I could. I researched new treatments online all the time, I even tried taking an oral treatment that tasted really disgusting, but it...

Last reply
  • Sick Of Suffering Anal Itch!

I have been suffering from anal itch for 1 yr 8 months! I feel like I have tried everything! When it first started I got a colonoscopy and they found 3 internal hemorrhoids I also had an external one at the time. I thought my external one was what was causing it so I got it surgically removed and the...

Last reply
  • Pain/itchyness between Anus and Scrotum

Just looking for help: I have a pain/ itchyness in the area between my scrotum and anus since the beginning of october I wouldn't feel much pain when I first wake up but after passing my first stool of the day I begin to feel itchy around my anus. I would apply double base and folded toilet roll...

Last reply
  • Anus is inflamed and itchy

My anus has been itching for the past 9-10 month's now. I had a case of thrombosed hemmorhoids but I have successfully recovered by maintaining a healthy diet. But ever since the recovery I've had this itching sensation in my anus. It starts whenever I walk for about 15-30 minutes. And whenever...

Last reply
  • Anus stinging, ass wiping issues 😂😂

So about a year ago I noticed there would be little poo on the paper towel when wiping. Few years ago there was more poo. Nowadays its little to no poo, but after half an hour my ass would get stingy and itchy. Then when i go to wipe its all wet and brown. My basketball season is staring an the stinging...

Last reply
  • Found something that actually works!

Like many on here I suffered for years. I tried so many things which worked to varying degrees but never allowed a nights sleep! I did the same as everyone and bought 'the latest' best on the market, scientifically proven cream which did little to nothing. Then, quite by accident a little...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.