Anal sores (graphic content warning)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been experiencing anal itching and sores around my anus for around 3 months. During this time I have had constant loose stools. My doctor states it is pruritus ani and will clear on its own. I pushed for a further diagnostic and they took blood tests which shows my white blood count is low. My doctor still doesn't seem concerned but has asked for a colonoscopy to make sure its nothing serious. Has anyone ever had anything similar?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just to provide an update. After changing the milk I drink the itching has stopped (3 weeks so far). Still thin stools and odd bit of blood on wiping.

• Posted

So after the symptoms easing with only the off flair up every few weeks yesterday I had a colonoscopy. In short they found internal hemorrhoids which were not found by my

GP. Such a relief its nothing serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.