Itchy anus but not intense

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, im hoping for some advice. About 8 weeks ago i started noticing a mild itch in and around my anus after a bowel movement. it wasnt intense enough for me to scratch but still noticeable. i found that the itching would completely stop instantly if i was sat or standing still or laying down. the itch would only return if i started walking, but wouldnt be constant. but again still not enough to make me want to scratch the hell out of it. it was more of an annoyance.

a first visit to a GP said they thought it was fungal and gave me Daktacort cream. used for a week but no real change. went back to gp who looked and thought maybe an internal hemmeroid. got some suppositories for that with a mild steroid in it also. again no real change.

so i am at a loss as to what this is. i noticed it began a couple of weeks after a course of antibiotics so i wonder if its related or is it just dryness maybe? i do suffer with eczema on other areas of the body. But why does it only itch when i walk? i could sit for 10 hours and not feel a thing until i walk. what is it?

any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

make sure to use wet toilet paper to wipe and then try calamoseptine ointment. that has given the most Relief. Make sure you clean really well with the wet toilet paper.

• Posted

Hope you have got some relief by now but just to add: make sure you only wear 100% cotton pants, and also make sure they are washed at 60 degrees or higher. Tight lycra and polyester are not a healthy option. If they are not washed at a high temperature the fungal spores are not killed off and you could be re-infecting yourself. Its friction from clothing that makes it itchy when you walk.

• Posted

Did the itch go away? If yes, what helped you? I have the exact same symptoms. It itches only when I walk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.