My anus itches and hurts alot

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have no idea what that could be it's been like this for about 5-6 months now and i think it mostly starts to hurt once i itch but it does happen even when i don't. it even started to bleed as i was trying to look at it ! any advice? image

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

i experienced the same thing. for years. tried changing diet, changing soaps, softer toilet paper, baby wipes, witch hazel nothing really worked. hydrocortisone cream 1% will temporarily remove the itch, but it cant be used forever because its a steroid. for me, we bought a bidet. it changed my life. that sounds crazy, but it did. within two days it was gone and i haven't looked back. if i go on vacation or am away from a bidet for 2 or 3 days it starts coming back. i cant recommend a bidet enough. try it!!!!!

• Edited

you might be allergic to toilet paper! I can only use one kind without having problems. it's a "Natural" recycled brand that has a frog on the packet. no bleach or chemicals in it. i don't have a packet atm due to it being out of stock since the whole toilet paper crisis, so i can't check the brand but i think it's called "Naturale". I'm down to my last two rolls - eek (Australia)

I've included a bidet in our new house plans though - for this reason, so I'm really pleased to hear this worked for you! Fingers crossed!

i have noticed that some other things stir it up though. Especially fruit jams (I buy no added sugar jam) or any kind of berries.

and bizarrely if I go to bed really late??

• Posted

You can buy a portable bidet, it's a silicone bottle with a right angle lid that you can fill with water and then use manually, I use it at home and plan to bring it on holiday with me, I got it on Amazon.

• Edited

see my other post . cutting out jam & all berries was a life saver for me. I had this for a couple of years. it was horrid! Getting to bed early also makes a difference - no idea why!!

in the meantime, after gently cleaning & drying, a small ice pack inside a thin sock can bring a lot of relief! i cleaned with a very gentle hypoallergenic liquid soap (QV Gentle) on a damp cotton pad & then with just a wet cotton pad to remove all soap residue. i found that easier as you can throw them away.

I've read that some people found relief from cutting out coffee & chocolate/cocoa.

Good luck!

• Posted

You may have some haemorrhoids/piles. As some of the others have suggested,keeping the area very clean can help tremendously. There are so many causes for this type of irritation. It could be piles,also a fungal infection,or a food reaction...often dairy products.

In your case I think its piles.If you suffer from constipation do try to have more roughage in your food. Straining can cause piles. The easiest way to get a proper diagnosis is to see your doctor, but there are some products you can buy from the pharmacy which you may like to try first..

Also only wear pure cotton underwear to avoid any further irritation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.