A lot of symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

First of all my symptoms vary so much I'm not even sure this is the right category to post in, so apologies in advance. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety for the past 10 years or so and noticed a couple of years ago that my symptoms seem to get worse after eating. We thought there might be some sort of allergy/sensitivity, went through a lot of diets and even though symptoms seem to alleviate sometimes I seem to be getting back to my usual bad self after not too long.

I had a gastroscopy performed a year ago where they found mild inflammation in the stomache but nothing too worrying. Tried all sorts of PPIs but none of them seem to make a difference.

When symptoms get worse I feel like my whole body shuts down, as if blood is not flowing properly in my whole body. I get headaches, very sore legs, bad eyesight, stiff shoulders and neck and exhausted (to the point where I could fall asleep while driving). I also feel ridiculously thirsty and my skin feels horrible. As if my whole body is inflamed and asking for water to flush it out. Also my tummy at that point makes a very constant thumping, just behind the belly button, sounding like a heart beat but faster than my actual heart beat. This thumping on some occasions resonates up to my whole left side of my body to give me a left sided migraine. I was also diagnosed with temporomandibular joint disorder and I'm pretty sure that's also a result of whatever is happening.

What I noticed is that pears give me very bad gas and sometimes even a stomachache and diarrhoea, so I stopped bothering and I'm also cutting out apples now. I thought that fructose might be an issue here so I'm trying to avoid it now but as discussed above things seem to get better at then start and then worse. In general though my diet is quite healthy and varied.

I have an appointment with a lower GI in February but thought I'd have a go at this forum in case anyone has experienced anything similar. Blood tests and blood sugar/pressure are at normal levels, was checked for coelic disease, pancreas.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Extreme thirst sounds like diabetes.

• Posted

Hi pippa, thank you for your response. I have considered this but should I not get blood sugar spikes with diabetes?

I also forgot to mention that constipation is also a very common thing.

• Posted

Have you been tested for diabetes? If not ask your doctor for a test. Your thirst is the only symptom that stands out. Your other symptoms could be many things,

• Posted

get a sibo breath test or maybe check out superior mesenteric artery syndrome

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.