A love depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently i have had this crush on someone i don't even know, a celebrity. I know this sounds stupid and i don't know why i am feeling this but i have this intense and deep feeling of emptiness and loneliness whenever i think of her. I feel my self esteem going downhill and i am afraid i am starting to develop depression. Every single day i live with this emptiness and i have even started to lose the joy in doing things i do everyday. There seems to be nothing that interests me anymore, even those that do in the past, are no longer interesting. I am afraid i might go nuts if this goes on long enough. How do i solve this stupid and hopeless crush i have? I don't want to lose the will to live.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

John why do you think it stupid to.have a crush on someone ! I had a crush when i was younger on linda lustardi  or pat benatar but i survived that time and moved on you will eventually also believe me ! Its just like when you see the amount of boybands that split up and there fans go into meltdown but they get throught it as you will too ! John do your family and friends know how you feel would they be supportive towards you ! I wish you good luck and take care    (david)
    • Posted

I mean its stupid for me to have a crush because i am having a crush on someone that is from a totally different country and origin who is popular and quite certainly have no chance in meeting her, much less talking and starting a relationship. Regardless of that i still have this feeling of rejection and loneliness. I hope eventually i do get over this, but right now i have some other stuff that is stressing me out. In addition to that, i have this feeling that's distracting me from what i have to do. I am been having sleepless nights thinking about her and not feeling my fullest when in the morning. Most of all i can't believe i got this crush from just watching a single movie featuring my crush, before i, well, had a crush on her. =/ My family and friends do not know about it because i feel it's a tad too embarrassing to talk about it. I have contemplated letting this run its course naturally, but i feel i would almost go mad if i don't let it go now, i really am desperate for it to end... Thanks for the help though david. 
    • Posted

The only way to end it is to talk about it with someone you trust. Is there a counsellor where you work etc? It has to be someone who you know won't make you feel stupid or put you down. At the moment the thoughts and feelings are confined to your own limited perspective which is why you feel like you're going mad. You need to externalise it. Emotional and mental exhaustion play a huge part in depression so it's important to do this. Good luck and you're not silly! X
    • Posted

Alright then, thanks for all the help guys might just have to man up and talk about it with someone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.