A Menopause Chat

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been on this Forum for over a year and I try to read as much as I can and the experiences of the menopause that people are going through..I find that some people go through peri menopause and post with horrible symptoms for a long time,then there is some people just go through peri and stop soon after Post, and there's another group people goes through this for a short time and finish and then some people breezing through it with nothing to complain about it... These people are very very lucky I find this all amazing we just have to remember our bodies are changing  it's all hormones and with the grace of God in  time it will get better in the end chin up upwards girls and forwards.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well said Maria .

We definitely need God’s grace daily. I could not go through this withought it.

🙏💕😊

• Posted

It might be interesting for those who are just embarking on the menopause journey for us to just list our symptoms so that they know what they could in in for. I know there is the famous list of 66 symptoms, but the personal touch is always nice. Just a list, not a long essay - people tend not to read those.
  • Posted

You are so right Maria. I breezed through peri. I had my last period in November of 2010 but had no menopause symptoms until 2014. I work with a lady that stopped her period at 47 and kept asking "what is this menopause, it's just when you stop having your period right"? Apparently she had no symptoms, she is now 58. But I do think she had symptoms, she just didn't associate them with menopause. She complained of achy joints and one day we had to drive her home because she felt weird. She has symptoms, she's just not doing the research on how menopause affects the body.

• Posted

I agree Juanita.  I think a lot of times people just don't put it together with menopause.  Having said that, makes me think they must have had very mild or infrequent symptoms or else they would be on here with us .  LOL

• Posted

Some people are no so aware of their bodies or concerned about what is happening to them.
    • Posted

I agree suki.  Sometimes I think that is half of my problem.  I don't work and sometimes it's just me with my thoughts lol

• Posted

I did not breeze through it from 50 years old I notice I wasn't myself I few symptoms then when I reach 53 hot flashes came on I'm now 55 years old at the end of Peri feel better but not totally out of the woods yet..but hoping that Post meno will be better,I hope it don't last to long for you too always remember its transition that will end.

• Posted

I did not breeze through it.  The last three years have been hell.  I suspect I was having peri symptoms throughout my later 40's and early 50's (I'm 56 now), but I didn't recognize these symptoms as peri.  At the time I believe I started peri my only child died in a car accident and I am sure that for the next 5 or 6 years some of what I attributed to grief symptoms may have been peri and vice versa.  Four years ago the symptoms got really bad, with gastritis and anxiety being my worst.  Not a hot flash in sight....THEN...two years ago I had hysterectomy but ovaries left in as they were very healthy looking. Then about 6 months after the hysterectomy...wham!  I swear I could literally feel my ovaries failing!  The hot flashes started but only in the evening and during the night, headaches, my anxiety skyrocketed, especially health anxiety, with chest tightness and my gastritis became severe. Crashing fatigue and a general feeling of being tired and unwell.  I had periods of thinking..if this is what life is going to be like, I'm not sure I want it.  Well now, the anxiety has lessened by about 50%.  I still use Ativan 0.5mg as needed.  Had blood work done in July which showed estradiol of 6.3, FSH 80.8, LH 37.4.  My doc says I have reached menopause.  Hot flashes seemed to have stopped a few months ago, although doc says they could come back, I still get the fatigue but not as bad and it comes and goes.  My gastritis is still present and that is what wears me down right now.  I do feel the symptoms are cyclical and believe that my ovaries still push out bits of estrogen now and then and when the blood work was done they were at a very low point...but what do I know.  I'm just a lady trying to get through this mess of menopause.  My cardiac tests are all normal, blood work normal, colonoscopy normal and endoscopy showed the chronic gastritis.  So my mind knows that my body is ok....I'm still waiting to feel back to some semblance of the normal I once knew.

This site helps a lot....especially when I hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel🙂

• Posted

Hi tm.  A lot of what you describe sounds familiar.  "Crashing fatigue and general feeling of being tired and unwell". When i read that, I was relieved to know someone else feels like me.  Glad to hear your anxiety has lessened.  Gives my hope.  And I also use Ativan if it gets really bad.

• Posted

Hi, much of your story (and age) are so close to my situation. The severe stress that I have endured is also due to a very unhappy marriage but your symptoms are spot on, especially the severe anxiety and depression. I haven’t been sure if Peri or full menopause has been the culprit because I haven’t had major issues with the other typical symptoms. But I guess the few hot flashes, weight gain (despite no real change in my diet and not overeating ever) and worsening insomnia (always had it to a degree) paint a clear enough picture. I’ve been on celexa for about 20 years for depression but the last three years or so have been so much worse. I’ve talked to my doctor but he has been pretty careless with prescriptions and I’ve had some bad reactions. I’ve been on synthroid (lowest dose) through my endocrinologist but that had never relieved my moodiness. This week, she gave me Divigel (estradiol) and after only two applications, I felt nearly suicidal and exhausted. Stopped it and tonight already recovering from that. Researching all these meds and supplements is driving me nuts. I really just need to get my mood swings under control and maybe my weight but I don’t really have the other symptoms so I am concerned about meds or supplements that claim to attack all of them. Ugh...any tips? Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.