A menstraul cycle after 12 month?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi sweet ladies after not having a period for 12months I thought I was on my way to happier days , woke up this morning to what was a strange brown period . Had it lite al day only when I wiped though ! Oh my ..... Does that mean that countdown starts again? This is endless , ... Does my symptoms take a break ... This is crazy we should write a book each of us can have a chapter in the book ,lol not a bad idea ! Hmmmm , hope you all are handling. Symptoms ok these days ! ❤️❤️😆😆

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Aww Terri thats a shame! I havent been period free that long yet but i do get the odd brown one. Always disconcerting as you'd think it should be red!

Love your book idea though-just us ordinary ladies (nit "celebs" coping and getting on with life behind the scenes whereever we can.

Hope you feel better soon hun and sounds luke ur on the home straight at least! Take care xxxx

• Posted

ive been post now for 1 year, had no bleeds, brown blood is not a proper period, so you can still call yourself post, drs say this is the wombs way of cleaning itself out, if, you have a bleed and it resembles a period, in colour and texture, then you have to start counting down again, brown blood isnt a period, and if you dont have fibroids, pretty sure its a clean out your own body is doing, if it keeps happening though, and it comes with pain, get it checked out anyway to be sure, my sister did, they gave her tests, found nothing, and this is what they told her it was due to.

You should start to feel more balanced out now with being post, you will still get flares but should not be as bad, but what you will notice, after a year of being post is, your hot flushes may be worse slightly or, that may be your only symptoms, they CAN last for a further 5 years after post, but can in some longer, just depends on your body..................sounds like yove come through it Terri.............well done!!

• Posted

Thank you ladies for reponding , thanks Elaine,well I do feel great ! Hard to explain even better than when I have my better days , although I had a little dark red in there last nite mixed in with the brown😫, and this morning when I wiped it was pink , maybe , I've been with a estrogen patch for 1yr and I lowered by patch from a 0.5 to a 0.25 . 1week ago , so maybe that has something to do with it , Thank you Heavenly Father and thank all you lovely ladies !

Many hugs ,❤️❤️💕💕

• Posted

Yes Teri you have to start counting again. How annoying for you.

Mine the longest break was 4 months, I had another few regular then that was it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.