A message to Partners

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hope this attaches okay.

I received this from my fibro support group and thought it would be a good one to share.

Erykah x

6 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

erykah 71 Thank you for sharing this with us. I love the words they are sssssssooo true. will be showing hubby later.take care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

You're welcome Kaz

Some of these statements and affirmations should be made into fridge magnets so we, plus loved ones and visiting friends can be reminded often of how fibro affects us

Hugs back x

• Posted

I like that erkah71 fridge magnet now theirs a buissness oportunity? for us all to join into smile gentle hugs coming your way x
  • Posted

fantastic erykah, brought a tear to my eye in fact.  I had a moment today when I was wanting to ask my partner if he'd packed some tortillas into his bag for evening meal at work, as they werent in the bread bin where they had been earlier.  I looked, then turned to him and said 'did you take the ...........', couldnt think of the word and was hoping he knew what i meant.  Instead I got ' no idea what you're talking about, would help if you made sense' - I got upset and grumpy and said that I would say what I meant if  I could think of the word and all I needed was a little help here.  He instantly felt sorry and tried to help. It's so easy for me to blame them for not understanding but sometimes they too need a little help.  Messages like your attachment can really help two way communication.
    • Posted

Awww sweetie, big hug. 

I know they don't usually mean to sound abrupt but it's so frustrating when partners, children, family..... well everyone really don't think before they speak.

I used to rib my nan for going through everyones name in the family before getting to the one she wanted and now I do the same thing. I even say one thing when i mean another - for example whilst out shopping a few weeks ago I said to my daughter I need to go down the frozen take away for peas??? I mean what the hell lol 

Like I said to Kaz, we should make these statements into fridge magnets for constant (gentle) reminders for everyone

x

• Posted

thats beautiful and is spot on and thats all we need from our partners is for them to understand and to support us and not judge us by what they cant see cause we may look ok on the outside at times but inside we are hurting and without our partners understanding we hurt so much more
  • Posted

Love it.... Thanks for sharing and so true and meaningful. 

Gentle Hugs wink x

• Posted

that about sums it up. Thank goodness for my partner and his sense of humour, compassion and fair play. As for bosses, well I am lucky and no longer working, but I can see this could be a major problem for some. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.