A month op after gallbladder removal.

Posted , 10 users are following.

has anyone felt like removing the gallbladder did absolutely nothing? i still feel the same before the surgery. im still having chest pains & still going to the bathroom to poop. 5,6,7 times a day. some days i feel so lightheaded along with headaches...

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What is your diet like? Is it still low fat etc since the op?

Have you been back to see your GP? Maybe worth requesting blood tests to see what your levels are

• Posted

no diet, i should start on a low fat diet though. cause these pass few days i been feeling like s**t. these headaches/lightheadedness is really irritating. my head feels so damn heavy..

• Posted

is chest discomort and thoughs other things a commom thing with gallstones

• Posted

it is very early days, it took me 6 months, you have to be patient, stick to a very low fat diet, this is major surgery and your body has to adjust.

good luck

• Posted

It took me a year or more to really feel much better; not that I was feeling bad during all that time, just on occasion. It is important still to keep to a low fat diet and drink plenty of water. I also take omeprazole to help with the awful feeling of sickness - and yes this medication does work (for me).

At one point I felt so uncomfortable that when I went to my GP she sent me for another scan, which showed nothing at all. The lady who gave me the scan told me that so many people who've had their gb removed later come for a scan because of their discomfort, and like me nothing is found. I think after care of this particular operation is low - there's hardly any advice except to say "you can function without your gallbladder". Hmm. And if so many people are still in a lot of discomfort and nothing is found you would think the medical world would take a look at why this is happening.

• Posted

yup pretty normal to feel that way i felt like this for months going on and sometimes i feel it but its been 6 months since removal and am doing way better than i was 8 months ago your body need time to adjust back i started to feel better at 4-5 months mark

• Posted

are you having tension headaches? everything just seems outta place 😦 its so irritating

• Posted

i dont remember if i had headaches but maybe because alot went on but they told me same thing about you can eat what you want but not true even though there are people out there who had removal and eat the same and never had issues but ended up gaining alot of weight but am one of those not so lucky ones who ended up of to change up my diet and cut down on my fat intake or else i will feel like s**t and get bowel but right now i deal with lots of constipation and its annoying, but there are time where i would eat what i want and then i will be ok but there is time where i also eat the wrong thing and i would pay the price, am trying to accept things and eat healthy to avoid problems, you can feel alot of physical pain in the healing process but if this headache continues to body see your dr and change up your eating because its what your eating also can be causing your headaches

• Posted

these tension headaches/chest pain hurts mote then everything else lol. i feel like im dying... all these anxiety/depression isnt working so well with recovery 😕 yeah, ive already lost 40pounds total. idk if thats a good or bad thing. cause im a pretty big guy. & plus im a smoker. so it just adds up tbh. ima start looking into diet plans. lately ive been eating hella bad. lil casers, mcdonlds, subway. mesa pizza etc. but i was fine till friday when my headache/lightheaded started. but ima stop eating all that and focus on a diet plan. im still waiting for my results monday i had a upper some s**t. (camera down your throat"

• Posted

its call endoscopy i had one with a colonoscopy and i was diagnosed with acid reflux and IBS but change up ur eating and see if that works i went through all these problem after surgery but went away over time and i changed up my eating as well

• Posted

smaller portions, lactose free things. chicken mostly, tuna, certain fruits because of my IBS few veggies am still working on it, eggs,almond milk, oatmeal, sometimes beef or pork but lean, i no longer eat fried food if i do its very rare,quinoa,fat free yogurts,no juice lots of water but these things i repeat them and i add chicken or turkey bacon, gluten free breads or veggie burger every now and again i feel like these things help with my weightloss tremendously, i use to take digestive enzymes but i stop i feel like i didnt need them because i dont eat alot. in the beginning after my surgery i couldnt eat because i would fee ill so my to go for food was oatmeal with almond milk or boil eggs i really hope u feel better and i know you will.

• Posted

hey also try the LOW FODMAP DIET. research my dietician has me on that to help me with my IBS am not gonna lie these changes help stop me from eat bad and i like that i have to stay on a healthy routine or else i would feel like crap

• Posted

hey thanks for info sam! i will sure look into this! much love

• Posted

Yes, I think diet is the key. Strange though, I asked about what could eat and was told I could eat anything! But that's not true it seems. I'm still having ' variable bowel movements.' Of course. losing a big chunk of my bowel due to cancer and recently going through radiotherapy for prostate cancer might have something to do with it too! Good luck, early days still.

• Posted

really? i asked my GB about a diet plan he said i could eat whatever i want. but then again when i ate bad i felt like s**t. i just hate feeling like this 😦 its just my head feels heavy & im lightheaded.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.