A New Breathing Technique for COPD

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, those of you with COPD or any other breathing problems please try this and report back on whether - or not - this offers any relief to your breathing difficulties:

Simply close your mouth and attempt (nothing will actually move) to Smile with just your top lip. Keep your bottom lip Still.

Then simply note whether your breathing improves and please report back.

Thanks for your time, Donald.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I should say that the purpose is to make your facial muscles open your airways. 
  • Posted

Evening tobytronic! I've tried it, it takes some getting used too, 😆It's hard to keep the bottom lip still while smiling with the upper Lip 🤣But I tried again & I must say it's good for the Nasal passages but haven't noticed the difference with breathing in & out through the mouth! 😅I guess it's going to be a very long practice! But I guess we must keep trying!😐😊

• Posted

That is really weird, it does make a difference! Is it just because it opens your nostrils up?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.