A new pain !

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have pain and stiffness in my thumbs could this be PMR ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep! my left thumb hurts more than my right, but I'm left handed. My rheumatologist told me it was the PMR causing it. 😦

• Posted

Yes! Mine developed as I got down to 4mg - increasingly got worse as I dropped to 3mg. My doctor denied it was PMG and said it was osteoarthritis. It got so bad that it was nearly impossible to open jars and cans.However it rapidly improved when I had a recent flare and had to go up to 10 to cope.

• Posted

Hi know exactly what you are feeling I have gone from 10mg pred the 9 for a month then 8 but after 3 weeks thought yippee I've made it then one morning woke up with serious body aches exspecially my hands knees and hips also can't leave the hips out. So now gone back to 9 feeling ok I'll stay here for 5 days and see what happens. That thumb one hurts I use one of those sleve things with a a bit of metal in it to keep it straight.

• Posted

You mean could it be due to PMR? Pain in my wrists at the base of my thumbs is a sure sign for me of a flare/the dose is a bit low. But I know that from observation over years.

But it could also be osteoarthritis - it likes the thumb joint I believe though I don't know from personal experience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.