A new symptom. ..

Posted , 4 users are following.

We all know the signs and symptoms when gallstones rear their ugly head.

So since my first attack in August, have been "lucky" in that I I cut right back on fatty ,spicey and alcohol. I've slowly re introduced all those "bad" foods back into my diet,not that I've gone overboard.

Anyway,today I've had the unwanted offensive wind ++++ along with half a dozen "visits" to the toilet.

All I had to eat today was no fat cottage cheese,jacket spud and warmed fresh tomatoes. Followed by my usual abundance of fruit.

I was wondering if anyone else had an unexpected side effect of gallstones?

Is this the slippery slope 😄

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i  have gallstones and i had diarrhea for 6 months and lot of bloating. Lopermide did not help. But  it did not correct on its own. gastro did endo and colonoscopy and finally prescribed colestipol which stopped the diarrhea. However i still suffer with lot of bloating and burping. I have completely  stopped eating in restaurants,fatty food. But still a small amount of oil makes me bloating and burping a lot. I'm like cat on wall if to remove my gall bladder or not .

• Posted

I'm all in favour of the surgery. If it don't work then I don't need it.

Good luck on your choice.

• Posted

I kept putting surgery off then the symptoms got progressively worse. Gas and bloated feeling after eating was nothing compared to the pain and nausea and worse gas and bloating.  My internist ordered an ultrasound and sent me to the general surgeon as soon as possible for removal of a rotten gallbladder and stones in the common bile duct. He told my daughter he was ready to do an open procedure when he was finally able to get everything out. It will be 10 weeks tomorrow and I have lost too much weight, I still do not eat anything with over a couple grams of fat because of terrible diarrhea. I really haven’t had much pain but my gastro dr has ordered a CAT scan to find out what is going on and the probably a pill cam if she can’t see what she needs from the CT. 

Moral to the story, don’t wait until you are really in pain or even develop a horrible infection or gangrene which can happen and effect your liver and pancreas. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.