A new symptom of carpal tunnel?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys... I've had carpal tunnel for about four years now. It's just recently gotten to where I'm having a really rough time pain wise with it. I have an appointment to see a new doctor this month. I'm writing this post because I have a new symptom that I've noticed. This past week, my thumb in the hand that I have the carpal tunnel in, has done nothing but continuously twitch. It is driving me crazy! I did read where muscle twitching is a symptom. Is this true? Does anybody else on here have this problem?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I also have the twitching in the thumbs as well! Some days its non stop, other days it doesnt do it at all. It drives me insane! Im having cortisone shots in July and I cannot wait, hopefully they help and the pain and twitching are gone for good.

Hope your handd feel better soon smile

• Posted

Mine thumb would go numb, but did not have the twitching. Like you I went 3 years with my carpal tunnel affecting both hands. I would wake up several times a night with my hands throbbing, forcing me to get up and try to shake them out. I tried physical therapy, essential oils, anti inflammatories, everything but the cortisone injections. When I went to my doctor/surgeon I discussed the option of cortisone shots, but he indicated that if symptoms have been going on that long, it's at the point where the shot is just delaying what needs to be done and risk of permanent damage is real. I decided it was time and did bi-lateral Carpal Tunnel surgery. I am 6 weeks out and feel it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I was back to driving in 4 days and returned back to work in 5. I am a software engineer, so just needed to be able to type, which was not an issue. At 6 weeks out I still have tenderness in the incision area and they get soar if I'm doing lots of activities such as yardwork. I was fortunate to get mine done before having any permanent nerve damage. Recovery process differs from individual to individual. I'm not too sure if this will help your decision but best wishes in your journey with CTS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.