Skip to content

Carpal Tunnel

Also known as Cubital Tunnel Syndrome

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Recovery time for carpal tunnel syndrome.

I have been a hairstylist for  30 years. I have been told I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome. My pain is really getting bad and I was told I may not be able to continue doing hair without the surgery.    I need to know realistically how long I will have to be off work for this surgery....

Last reply
  • Still has the Freezing ,

I had the surgery 3 pm yesterday , still froze today ? Is this normal? My right hand surgery didmuch better. There is no pain just numb and tingling 

Posted
  • Wrist, palm and thumb pain plus sensitivity.😢

Hi, was wondering if anyone has had palm pain along with the usual pain from Carpal tunnel, the area just below my thumb is extremely sensitive to touch and has been very painful. I have to wear fingerless gloves bc anything that touches it I see stars. My arms also hurt and are sensitive to touch from...

Last reply
  • Carpel Tunnel Revision

Hi All, I am due to have the revision done after having previous successful CTR over 20 years ago. Has anyone else had this done? My hand is not painful just goes numb and tingling all the time. Had it for over a year and nothing has made it better. Also what was your recovery time and when did you go...

Last reply
  • Ulnar nerve help

Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone can give me any help! I’ve spent the last two years suffering with extreme pain, in December I was finally operated on and had my left ulnar nerve released and repositioned! I had no follow up appointments or physio planned by the hospital and unfortunately suffered with...

Last reply
  • Carpak tunnel surgical wound reopen

Hi had stitches removed Saturday after 10 days and wound mostly healed 75%. Nurse put a dressing on and told me to have it checked again in 10days. Very frustrating as I'm not diabetic, smoker, anything that could affect wound heal etc so healthy person. Since then wound v painful although bit looks...

Last reply
  • Numb painful fingers. Agony in elbows

Hi I have had tingly fingers in my left hand for a few years. Recently it has got really bad and at night I wake up with awful pain in my fingers and elbows. It’s now moved to but arms. I’m a electrician and work on a lot of projects after work. Maybe This is the cause of it.  The doctors keep...

Last reply
  • Cure or just relief with Carpal Tunnel Brace

I have a 'non typical' carpal tunnel injury, caused by extreme vibration when holding wood in my hand and cutting it with an electric saw. I have been advised to wear a CT brace for '4 weeks or so' by my GP. The pain I​ experienced was like a sharp needle (or lightning bolt on bad...

Last reply
  • Returning to work as a chef after surgery

Realistically how long will it be before I can return to work ? I do a lot of food preparation and lifting as I work in a fish restaurant. I'm due surgery shortly as mri and nerve conduction tests show cts with moderate nerve damage in both hands. I'm reading up on recovery and am determined...

Last reply
  • Tinel test after CTS release

Hi, I did CTS endoscopic release a week ago. Now the hand is bruised, but generally not painful apart from using it. However what bothers me is when I lightly tap on the tunnel area it gives me slight zaps down my fingers. Is it normal after the surgery? My doctor says that it could be due to irritated...

Posted
  • Fingers still numb 2 weeks after Carpal Tunnel

Today is 2 weeks post op for carpal tunnel in my left hand.  The tips of my thumb, index, middle and inside of ring finger are still completely numb...the same as before surgery.  At my 1 week follow up, the surgeon said it can often take time for sensation to return and not to worry right...

Last reply
  • Carpal tunnel Release surgery.

Hi, I had a cortisone injection that only lasted a week. I also tried wearing splints. After putting up with survere numbness and pins & needles for 3yrs in both hands. I didn't have the nerve coduct test done as i was told i presented with clinical CT symtoms. Both my mum & sister also...

Last reply
  • Upcoming Carpal Tunnel Surgery

Based on a NCT and an EMG test, I have bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. The treatment plan is surgery on right(dominant) hand and while I am under anesthesia, they dr will give me a cortisone shot in my left hand.  I have carpal tunnel release surgery coming up in 9 days. My right thumbs tingles...

Last reply
  • Upcoming surgery

I am about to have surgery but am extremely worried now having read how many people have suffered long term after surgery. I am opening my own beauty salon in about five weeks and thought I would be recovered in time now I'm wondering if I should cancel operation .Am I right to think this i just...

Last reply
  • Post-op carpal tunnel release surgery

I was diagnosed with bi-lateral CTS about 7 mo ago with my left hand being quite severe. I had the right hand done first and it turned out ok so I had the left hand  done which did not do well at all.I now have extreme pain and complete numbness in my thumb and first 2 fingers and they are "on...

Last reply
  • Carpal Nerve Test

Good morning all , i have just had it cinfirmed after nerve pulse tests that i do indeed have Carpal Tunnel in my right hand.Main symptom was a full numb hand during the night , and a little discomfort. Had the tests two days ago and now two days later it has become consistantly really painfull than...

Last reply
  • carpal tunnel surgery

well just over a week ago i was wondering as to whether i should pull out of carpal tunnel surgery. Thanks to Terri and Ken in this forum i decided to go for it and i had surgery on Sunday evening. I also decided to take cbd oil as a pain relief as i have known people with all sorts of conditions where...

Last reply
  • Carpal tunnel symptoms?

Hello..I was diagnosed about 8 years ago with mild carpal tunnel in my right hand..it appears to have gotten really bad..I have a burning sensation and pain through my thumb and forefinger and next 2 over..it hurts clear up my arm...I had a really weird thing happen the other day as I was cooking and...

Posted
  • Bi-Lateral Carpel Tunnel Recovery Assistence.

I am scheduled for carpel tunnel surgery and need to decide weather or not to do both hands or just one for now. I'm not concerned about the surgery itself but I do have some recovery concerns if I choose to have bi-lateral done. Specifically,  and I will cut to the chase, will I be able to...

Last reply
  • Nerve block

So yesterday I had my right carpal tunnel release surgery. And after the anesthesia wore off, I had really bad pain like the one that I almost died. My blood pressure was 183/80 and I heard my nurses say that they didn't understand why the anesthesiologist gave me nerve block. Should I have had that?...

Posted
  • Finger got popped

After my carpal tunnel surgery, my first finger just popped when bend. I never seen this before and wonder anyone have that? 

Posted
  • Exercise (like running) after CTS

Hi, I had CTS last wednesday - I'm back to office duties today (+5 days) - able to use a mouse and keyboard, and other easy tasks with practically no pain or discomfort - grip is a little weak, and anything strenuous hurts the wound, but that's to be expected. I'm off operational duties...

Last reply
  • Pilar pain after surgery any effective treatment?

This is my week 10 after surgery but I am still having a lot of pilar pain specially at night.  All I am taking at the moment is Ibuprofen and paracetamol which released pain for a few hours but please please I will like to know if is anything else that I can do or take??  that any of you found...

Last reply
  • New diagnosis of arthritis not CTS

My CTS is now diagnosed as arthritis in the wrist at the base of the thumb. The CTS brace does help with the pain, which is like a sharp needle (or lightning bolt on bad days) in the wrist, but none of that typical CTS numbness or tingling.  This was all triggered by extreme vibration when holding...

Posted
  • Dominant hand Carpal tunnel surgery!

Ok so I was diagnosed with CTS very bad in my dominant hand and it is in my other hand just wasn’t as bad, so with that being said I had surgery Tuesday the 10 and I already told the surgeon my other hand had started hurting as well before surgery but now after surgery I’m not sure if it’s made it worse...

Last reply
  • Carpal Tunnel Surgery and Recovery

Ok, I just had bilateral (both hands) carpal tunnel release on Friday (April 21st). My doctor, right after recovery in post op, wanted me to start making firsts and do so every hour. He mentioned that as long as I could handle the pain there is no damage I could do internally. I thought I would use a...

Last reply
  • Carple tunnel surgery recovery

I was diagnosed from my GP in October for carple tunnel and have been taking antinflamatory meds and wearing a splint 24/7 and have no improvement. They have scheduled me for a nerve test then told surgery will be next, so just wondering what the recovery is like? Also wondering how little Nguyen I could...

Last reply
  • Confused

I have a lot of symptoms and I've had it for about a year really need some advice

Last reply
  • carpal tunnel surgery post op

I had my surgery  carpal tunnel syndrome 7 weeks ago on my dominant right hand.  My job requires alot of manual handling with adults with learning difficulties and pushing of heavy wheelchairs therefore I am still off work.  I am in constant pain and scar area is solid and tender feels...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.