Pins & needles & arm numbness a night!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

Can anybody help....I would say about 5 out of 7 nights a week, sometimes every night I experience a weird numbness in my arms (generally up to about elbow height) and pins and needles in my hands and fingers. I get this even when I'm just asleep lying on my back with my arms out straight so whilst I do get it when I'm laying in awkward positions on my side I also get it laying in normal positions. I also get joint pain in my elbows. It's so bad that it often wakes me up countless times through the night making me very tired in the day. I do drink alcohol in the evening which may also not help. I have no other symptoms that go with it and I do not get these symptoms in the day at all. Only when sleeping. Obvious diagnosis for this is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome but I'm just not sure it is. It's been going on over a year now. I had Covid-19 in March 2020 and these symptoms started in June 2020 and has been continuing ever since. Not sure if it could be linked.

Anyone have similar issues? Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks, Matt

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.