Arm stiffness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Woke up one morning with pins and needles in right arm. When I lifted a cup it felt light. Now I still have pins and needles along with severe stiffness in arm, no real pain though.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Go and see a doctor if these symptoms are persisting. Even qualified people like me will be unable to assess that properly from a few lines of description and you are liable to get confusing unqualified comments on here too. Dr J Bland

• Posted

Thank you, I will go but at moment recovering from an ankle injury, still not steady on feet. I appreciate your reply. Angela

• Posted

A few months ago you kindly responded to my blog, consequently I did go to drs. but things have gotten worse. I was given an injection for CTS, unfortunately it didn't work. I then started having severe head pain and temporal arteritis was ruled out, head pain is on right side of head and even having a shower causes pain. with regards to my arm same symptoms but it now feels incredibly heavy , which in turn is pulling on my neck and face, its unbearable trying to move around. On advice from dr. I had an MRI of cervical spine, which showed arthritis and the muscles being too tight and close together on the left side of neck. Went privately to a neurologist, who confirmed it wasn't nerve damage (but might have trapped nerve), he increased my anxiety tablets from 15mg to 30mg. head pain still there but not as painful. I'm finding my leg mobility is being compromised as I feel burning and pins and needles in right leg. I've been to A&E at least 6 times. my current position is pain in head and arm stiffness and HEAVY. feeling desperate and very low mood. don't know what to do next, I'm totally housebound. Thanks for reading, sorry about length of message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.