Carpal Tunnel Syndrome due to cycling?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

Since lockdown began, I have gotten into cycling in a big way, roughly doing 150 miles per week, roughly 10 hours in the saddle.

I have been given a professional racing bike by a friend, with a very different style of handlebars than I am used to.

I am very aware of the strain I put on my wrists, left one especially.

I get a very slight tingling in my left wrist & all my fingers in the hours after a cycle, which all subside eventually.

However for the last 4 days, the tip of my middle finger tingles slightly when touched, or when pressure is applied. Just a very small area of the fingertip, and only when pressure is applied. No pain, stiffness or lack of function anywhere.

I have been reading some Cycling forums, & it seems quite common, just wondered if any of you learned folk have similar experience.

Thanks for your time!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Gary

I've had CPS in both wrists and the improvement is has been remarkable .

The discomfort before the surgery required me to wear braces to support

my wrists especially at night. Fortunately I had the two surgeries at different

dates.

alpine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.