Worsening pain 2 weeks after Ulnar Nerve release surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had the release surgery 2 weeks ago. Intially after the surgery my pain was minimal. My first post-op the Dr removed my splint and told me i could use my arm and hand as tolerated. Ive not been lifting or anything, but my arm has been bothering me a little more everyday. Sometimes it is down the palm side of my arm and the top of my hand, other times its all the way from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers. Im not sure if it is normal or not, has anyone had similar?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

I didn't have the same surgery as you but, I did have pain following surgery. The important things to remember is to take it easy and when you get pain take some time out and give your hands a break. Get them up so they don't throb. I would have issues every now and a again for over a year after surgery. lifting something heavy or digging with a spade was enough to send shooting pains up my arms.

Your body will heal in time but, it can take longer inside than out, and don't expect everything to be perfect sometimes it about adapting to new norms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.