Bruising 8 weeks after carpal tunnel surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my surgery in July (17th) and all seemed well although my doctor gave me no instructions and seemed to brush it off as nothing, I went for a follow up and then nothing after, my husband even took out my stitches as they were not dissolving as I was told. Everything seemed to be going good. I was doing exercises and there was a moderate amount of pain, 3 days ago I noticed some bruising on my palm that has now traveled down my wrist. I have a lot more pain and can barely even hold my silverware for dinner. I do not remember injuring it in any way Is there an explanation for this sudden pain. I was told that I could start using it normally after 6 weeks but I did not push it and took extra time off of work I'm supposed to return this coming Wednesday but my work requires repetitive motion of my wrist I'm afraid with this pain I won't be able to do my job. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.