A newbie to this horried ailment - so glad I found this site

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I am a 45 year old single mother. I awoke at 3am 3 nigts ago with a terrible loud noise in my right ear (like a train chuff chuf chuff chuff - to the beat of my heart. Anyway I was awake all the night with it. When I got up I was do dizzy and kept having feelings that I was about to black out.

Today 3 days later I still feel dizzy and sick and have a constand spaced out feeling. Also feel like I'm drunk, slurring, and moving real slow.

Very scary and waiting for an ENT appointment.

So glad I found this site, I have never felt so awful yet couldn't explain why.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i am a couple years older but exactly how my labrynthitis set off, wow its was so scary and the head spins and dizziness was a killer, and i dont drink but felt drunk and off balance, took a while to get right answers but ENT clinic at hospital diagnosed it, after cawthorne cooksley exercises and manouvers from the ENT doctor i was told i had some type vestibular neuritis and labyrinthitis, i was also told it has many other names BPPV or something similar but all are same thing, the arteries in neck were given a special doplar scan, hence the noise, rolling over in bed felt like i was falling and i kept trying to sit still and keep head still and dr's first thought it was my neck due to me holding it very straight but was to later find out that the more you move it with exercises, you can go online to sites but there are many one is, vestibular dot org, and that had the other exercises i was eventually given also to focus on and throwing a ball but the national health serice has the cawthorne cookslety exercises online to printout for yourself, i was lost, thought my world had ended, was sent to several different doctors, the nausea was a killer, but then once i did the exercises i was stunned at the more or less instant relief, also rolling on floor was fun with my grandson helping my push furniture against wall so we could do rolls around room, i was so bad and had to wait for so long before i was diagnosed i got depressed and thought it would never get better and thought of suicide, but thanks to the ENT clinic i am cured, but when i do have a turn i am armed with exercises and what to do as the manouvers moved the crystals in one ear the noise was intense but that was also instantly relieved again too, so persisit and go to a hospital that has ans ENT registrar or clinic as i did and now i can offer you some advice and hope that it helps you too, you cant add webites to this forum it wont let you so do try looking if you cant get help as the symptoms are there right in front of you, hope this helps and your back on track soon, keep your chin up.
  • Posted

Thank you for your kind words and advice .. not nice is it sad
  • Posted

Day 4 and I just want my life back already. A constant feeling of being drunk and spaced out. This damn noise (like a wind tunnel or train) in my ear just wont go away. Feeling unsteady on my feet and very dizzy when I walk. Went to morrisons last night and was so lightheaded and kept feeling I was going to black out. Feeling sick but not being sick. Every waking hour this just won't go away sad
  • Posted

Have you had your ENT appointment yet? There are several test your doctor should be able to do right in the office to test for BPPV and over related vertigo aliments. Once your doctor is able to help you pin point what's causing your dizziness there are steps you can take to get your life back. Hang in there.You not alone.
  • Posted

hope you are okay, have you had a chance to check out any exercises as they are good for you, there is loads of info on NHS site for the cawthorne cooksley exercises, so hope that helps also you can go here, vestibular dot org, and they have loads of printables or save them and they have the exercises and are wonderful hope your feeling better real soon, also the antibiotics for the infection that led to it can upset your gut so dont forget to take inner health plus or greek style yoghurt but at least one hour before or after antibiotics as they can be effected by yoghurt, stay well, hope get well
  • Posted

I started with Tinitus as well. the tinitus has gone now, but what was origonally diagnosed as labs, later Meniers, and now BPPV. Only now they are not sure if it's that. going back to ENT soon.

.Been suffering on and off for seven years.

• Posted

I’ve been away for a while; did you ever get a clear diagnose? If so, what is it? I was just wondering because you mentioned having had tinnitus but was later diagnosed with lab and meniers, along with bppv. From experience bppv tends to just follow them all around and was wondering if you found anything else out?   Hope all is well.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.