A nights sleep!

Posted , 7 users are following.

i thought I'd share with you all that I slept from 11-5 last night, and then after a brief sip of water, loo and shift around, slept till 8.30!! I couldn't believe it. But have spent today feeling nauseous again. I had to go to bed this afternoon I felt so rough.   You just can't win can you. I can't work out why I'm feeling sick only took one codeine last night but did take two doses of 400mg ibuprofen along the day. What to do.  

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Elaine I've had two friends who had led and fought nausea. It was the pain med so call your doctor and get a different prescription. That's what they did and it really helped!!

That's my fear and the doctor assured me that they can manage that. I hate pain medication but it's soooo necessary for this surgery. Go back and read Chicos post. He had some amazing tips.

Praying that you'll feel better soon. Don't be afraid to call the doctor to switch meds. They want you comfortable to heal😀

• Posted

Thanks I'm only taking over the counter meds. I will call them though. It's such a horrid recovery.  Thank again x

• Posted

Hi Elaine gosh that was a good night, you have lost SO much sleep & over the time have taken lots of painkillers it must take its toll. Sounds your body relaxed & side effects surfaced . The body had a shock with surgery, & is all upside down. I hope now you've started to sleep you'll be fine & get back to normal, I can't wait for that day as I still only sleep @ 2 hours at a time now. Thanks for texting it is very encouraging. Good luck , Please let us know how it goes. x

• Posted

Oh how wonderful to SLEEP..but not worth being nauseous today... We just can not seen to get it right,I am so tired of even trying anymore!! Good luck
  • Posted

Try an antacid the ibuprofen is probably upsetting your stomach. Ibuprofen upsets my stomach too. I have to take antacid when I take ibuprofen it's worth a try. Also make sure you have something in your stomach when you take it. Hope it works.

• Posted

I'm going to try and do without them see how it goes. I do take lamoprazole beforehand so I don't know. Fed up really. Thanks x

• Posted

Ahhhhh! Sleep!😊

Congratulations on that!

There will be more ups and downs, but appreciate the UPS as much as you can!

Not sure about the reason for you being nauseated. Ginger ale is good for that, and Coca-Cola helps, too.

Remember to eat something before taking meds. Crackers are good for that. So is cereal.

Wishing you lots more nights of REAL SLEEP!😁

• Posted

Yay Elaine!! You got a good nights sleep! The nausea could be due to painkillers, it could even be your body reacting to the fact that you are exhausted.

You got a few ZZZs in but not enough to payback all the sleep you lost until now! I find that happens to me, if I get too exhausted I get nauseous & sleeping in between doesn't help until I have a few early nights & good hours of sleep.

I hope you're feeling better now & are well rested.

Marilyn

XX

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.